say something about ... yourself!

I can still type well when I'm drunk. When I post horribly here it usually means I'm going to pass out as soon as I leave the board.

Actually I have a lot of those moments. Barely stumble inside, manage to reach the chair to check myspace and Neverboard before Sleep Tim.

So, not long ago I posted that I was excited because my band had decided to go back to a heavier style. Turns out (and to be honest, I saw it coming), it was just an attempt to save an already sinking ship. Weapon Within is pretty much finished now. We still might get together and jam when time allows and who knows what the future may hold, but for now... it's just not working collectively with time and desire between all of us. We held onto it for so long because we're all such good friends and were scared of losing the connection that band practice gave us. For the last year or so, band practice was basically just an excuse for us to hang out. Our drummer said it best: "this practice room is like our moose lodge." Now that we don't have that anymore, I probably won't see these guys nearly as much as I did, and that's the worst part of the whole thing.

I'm also worried now that I may lose the motivation continue playing music if I don't find another good group of dudes that play rad metal in a timely fashion. But definitely not seeing my friends as much as I used to is going to be the worst part of all this.

FINALLY!!!!! A trailer for the new mini-series based the first book of the series I'm currently reading. I've been waiting years for this and I don't think I've ever gotten more goosebumps in my life than I did watching this just now!!!!!!!

www.legendoftheseeker.com

November 1st cannot come soon enough.

Yeha man, if you like fantasy stories at all, this one is gonna kick your ass. I'd definitely recommend reading the book first though if you can. It's called Wizard's First Rule.

Morganna, did you go get it yet? ;)

Doc finally called, my hormone levels are wacky, I'm severely anemic, I have PCOS and they found a mass during the sonogram, which may or may not be something. I go back for further tests in 10 days. Hearing that during the worst day I've ever had at work turned me into a crying and blubbering mess for the last 4 hours of work. At least people felt sorry for me and gave me candy.

Wasn't Wizards First Rule part of The Sword of Truth? Is the series better than A Song of Fire And Ice?
Yes, it's the first book of the series. 12 total. I've never read A Song of Fire and Ice, but the Sword of Truth series are the best books I've ever read. They've actually changed my life since I started reading them years ago.

Obviously, I highly endorse that idea!

Seriously John, I think you'd really like these books and I think you'd learn a lot from them too. Even though they're fantasy fiction, they've changed the way I approach dealing with certain aspects of life. I know I've told you a couple times here to "think of the solution, not the problem"... these books taught me that. It's surprisingly simple logic that I just never even thought of before.

Obviously, I highly endorse that idea!

Seriously John, I think you'd really like these books and I think you'd learn a lot from them too. Even though they're fantasy fiction, they've changed the way I approach dealing with certain aspects of life. I know I've told you a couple times here to "think of the solution, not the problem"... these books taught me that. It's surprisingly simple logic that I just never even thought of before.

Well, Kevin, you did it. I'll go to the library before Sunday. What's the name of the one I should start with?

Wizards First Rule of Sword of Truth right?

*is very high*

If you started with anything other than the first book I wouldn't be happy hahaha.

It's called Wizard's First Rule. Author is Terry Goodkind.