say something about ... yourself!

Laura, keep your head up and never EVER compromise yourself with anything...

Neal has a point about "daram" and other crap that takes place in job situations where a lot of people are involved in. It's natural and such is life...
*But* there is a huge difference between a 'harmless drama' and this... It sounds to me like someone is compromising your good name
or reputation and to be quite frank with you, no job situation, no matter how many people work there should ever get to that...
So you can stay at Home Depot and suffer, and have every day of you working there wondering constantly who's talking about you
and who's not, or you can quit and find something a lot better.... I mean I'm sure your life goal doesn't include retirement plan from Home Depot
correct me if I'm wrong... ?
If this means you'll have to drive extra 5 miles to work every day but you'll work in a healthy work environment that will be beneficial to your resume
also- I say it's worth it.... If I were you, I would leave this place and tell everybody there they can fuck off.

Indeedly doodly!

Yeah, I've only worked at one place that was this bad. Because I needed the money so terribly bad, I only lasted a good four months. Being in tears every night because I kept telling myself I was just being a pussy was one thing, the defining moment was finding other girls in the back crying every night. I was done! Oh, and one of the guys. He was standing there with a very depressed look on his face. I asked him what was wrong. He said that every time he walks in that door when his shift starts, that he can feel the life being sucked out of him.
oh, and what happened there to make people freak out that bad?

oh, and what happened there to make people freak out that bad?

Oh it's such a long story. A multitude of things really. It was a very hostile work environment. I did manage to get the managers to listen to me about a few of the Mexicans working in the back that liked to physical grope people. There was that, throwing shit at people that walked by like French fries and ramekins of BBQ sauce across the kitchen. Pay getting docked from various people because the dumb asses could never figure out who the heck was stealing from the register, though every night the general manager was present he kept leaving it unlocked. When I had the key I'd lock it and he would unlock it, this happened over and over again until I started wondering if he was the thief. Not enough staff, so people were unable to leave, or have lunch. No bus boys , one hostess on a Saturday night (ME). No they really would not hire a bus boy LOL. And I have never seen a place more verbally abusive in my life. They all acted like they were in high school. this is just the tip of the ice burge.

Also, when people are ass holes to customers, which they were, the customers have a way of being mean to the hostess. I don't know why it works this way, I guess the host is the one they see the most. Business was not doing good as you could imagine. lol! Well, You wanted to know lol. I could have written like fifty more paragraphs on this monkey cage.

eh, i think telling on everyone as you quit is the opposite of leaving with your head up. dont get me wrong, FUCK people that spread hurtful rumors about you, but that wouldnt really be taking the high road. everyone is going to say that they heard it from someone else, so there is no one person to blame/discipline anyway. telling on everyone just makes you look like a crybaby, and (as you suspect) would only make matters much worse.

I respectfully disagree.

If you go to the higher ups, outside of that particular store, they may be able to get some management in there to sort things out. This may not be beneficial to Laura, but it definitely might cut a break for some other poor soul who wants to get a job at that HD.

Our stores have no problem moving people around in order to get things running smoothly, even if it means getting rid of a manager because they can't act like a decent human to their employees.

So, even if you leave, Laura, methinks it would be helpful to call this in.

I just bought some damn ugly shoes. Why did I do that...oh right cuz they're cute. And were on clearance for less than $20.

31yhpF4bblL._SS400_.jpg

Ugly shoes ftfw!