say something about ... yourself!

what does that mean, though? are most guys actually intimidated by the supermodel airbrushed-beautiful girls?

human interaction confuses the fuck out of me.

literally.

No, really it just means we want to get laid. We'll hit on a hot chick, because we want to get laid. But, we'd also hit on a less attractive chick because, you guessed it, we want to get laid. We don't view it as two distinct ways.

No, really it just means we want to get laid. We'll hit on a hot chick, because we want to get laid. But, we'd also hit on a less attractive chick because, you guessed it, we want to get laid. We don't view it as two distinct ways.
but do guys think they're more likely to succeed with the less attractive girl and therefore are more likely to go after her?

but do guys think they're more likely to succeed with the less attractive girl and therefore are more likely to go after her?
I say don't waste your time thinking about that. Instead give it a shot with this guy and see what happens. You'll figure out soon enough if he really likes you and thinks your attractive or not. If you like him and think he likes you, you don't need any more motivation.

It's either that, or keep asking questions on a forum for the rest of your days, wondering what a guy is thinking when you could have just figured it out yourself.

I say don't waste your time thinking about that. Instead give it a shot with this guy and see what happens. You'll figure out soon enough if he really likes you and thinks your attractive or not. If you like him and think he likes you, you don't need any more motivation.

It's either that, or keep asking questions on a forum for the rest of your days, wondering what a guy is thinking when you could have just figured it out yourself.

This.

Okay, let's get one thing straight; this isn't about you wanting to get laid or not, it's about you being insecure about your appearance. Yes?
can it be a little bit of column a and a little bit of column b? :loco:

that and just... trying to get over my shyness and whatnot and thinking i'm actually doing a good job but not enough to feel confident with how i interact with guys

or something

Yar I just noticed a stupid grammar screw up in my post that Jace quoted. UGH I SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT ONE.

Laura I know it's hard to conquer confidence issues with low self esteem, but it can be done. Just remember that NO MATTER WHAT, you're going to be all right and life will continue as normal.

That said, a noticeable lack of self confidence is one of the most unattractive things ever. I've learned this the hard way over and over and over again. Just don't think about it too much, seriously take the compliments people give you (when someone says you're pretty or whatever you have to actually believe them... and they wouldn't say it if they didn't mean it) and have fun, because like they say you could get hit by a bus tomorrow and that would really suck.