say something about ... yourself!

I assume the douchiness is that his standard of acceptability is hinged on how much eyeshadow you caked on that morning, not weighing intelligence, sense of humor, and level of relatability to others.

i dunno, i guess because it sounds like he makes it obvious that he only acknowledges emily when she's got make-up on.

granted, it doesn't sound like she's looking to date him or anything, but it's like he's not even acknowledging her on a personal level. if i'm familiar with someone, i'll talk to them regardless of how they look on a given day.

If we ever meet, I'll have not shaved for a week, unkempt hair, a plumber crack, and a poorly fitting shirt with rude slang on it.

I assume the douchiness is that his standard of acceptability is hinged on how much eyeshadow you caked on that morning, not weighing intelligence, sense of humor, and level of relatability to others.
no, but if it's obvious that he knows her and he obviously recognizes her when she's not wearing make-up... it just sounds like he's making an ass out of himself

... *shrug* i'm done.

no, but if it's obvious that he knows her and he obviously recognizes her when she's not wearing make-up... it just sounds like he's making an ass out of himself

... *shrug* i'm done.
Perhaps he's trying to house train her. One method of stopping a behavior you dislike is to ignore it and the perpetrator.

It could be his fucked up way of saying "I disapprove of your nude face! You must wear pore clogging chemicals to hide any semblance of human flaw!"

He's secretly an android, created by Maybelline. They're designed to make you insecure so you buy more makeup!

When I'm pretty, he'll smile and ask me how day has been. But if I come in make-up-less, he'll just slide the pizza across the counter and walk away. He does this to most girls I see in there. The guy at the register will only talk to you if you're black (and usually a chick). I dunno, shallow or not, I always expect common manners. The burger guys and the black ladies at the art building never disappoint though, sweet as pie, the lot of 'em.

actually, i really don't have any room to talk because i compulsively apply eyeliner and have gotten to hate being outside of the house without it, even if i'm just going to the grocery store or something

but that's just for me personally. i really don't give a fuck how other people look. if a guy's not attractive to me, i don't broach that territory - simple as that. not the "one day i can talk to you, the next day i can't because you don't look good, but the day after that i can" stuff

It's always a pain in the ass having to be nice to EVERYONE though. Sometimes when someone is being a complete ass, you just wanna tell them to shut up and walk away. Of course, looks change the way a guy approaches someone, especially in regards to flirtatious behavior. It's just our nature, we can't help it most of the time.

...Not that that's an excuse.