say something about ... yourself!

Ah yes, saw the latest incarnation of Guns n' Roses on Saturday. Axl's fat. The band sounded okay but it would have been so much better with Buckethead :(

One of the best modern guitar players on planet earth (buckethead) is replaced with one of the best modern guitar players planet earth (bumblefoot) and people are still bitching around.

Case in point: The Bender's Bloody.

rsz_tony_bloody_1.jpg
that bloody buddy is a meal in itself

wtf are those, pickled string beans or something?

glad I'm not the only one who thinks Bloody Mary's are fucking awful. if I want that much tomato sauce I'll have some tomato soup with basil, garlic powder, onion salt, and cayenne. And a fucking grilled ham and cheese on the side. I've tried Caesar's too, and I hate them even more. The only clam flavor I'll be tasting is a nice juicy girl's

It really is a acquired taste, and holy hell do bad Bloody Marys SUCK.
But if you're at a spot that's renowned for making good ones, go for it. The BM (heh) at Zeitgeist in SF was the one that flipped my switch. They're pretty well known for them there--along with amazingly rude bartenders--and they're like $9, but they are incredible. Salty, spicy, and refreshing, full of booze and tastes like a vegetable garden.

bloody%20marys.jpg

It's what you need.

that bloody buddy is a meal in itself

wtf are those, pickled string beans or something?

Yes! And Bender's puts a fat beef stick in it. AND FREE BBQ ON SUNDAYS, GET DOWN HERE

It seems like A LOT of fun. And it was my genius idea that won the mission. :D

awesome, what kind of characters are you guys playing?

Last time I played StarWars we were a group a Stormtroopers.
Started off as guards on some planet then got transfered to another planet where a stronghold was attacked by rebels.
A massive shootout/speeder bike chase was had and we killed a ton of rebels. But the valuable plans we were supposed to keep safe had gotten away.
What's cool is that our Game Master had the rebels put a virus in our helmets and it fucked up our aim and gave us like a -5 to hit.
So we took our helmets off and then chased them.
We were stopped by a high ranking officer that put us in jail because we had a battle when a "diplomatic mission" was taking place.
The rebels were let off scott free.
Vader eventually came to our holding cell and asked what had happened. We told him that the officer let the rebels get away with the plans.
Vader then force pushed the officer into the cell and let us out.
My character was still damaged from the battle and I think I had like 2 hit points left.
I had to roll high to be able to talk to Vader without pissing my pants and and I rolled a 19.
Told Vader that we wanted to join him to kill rebels and get the plans back. For the Empire!!!

So we joined Vaders Star Destroyer. Got all healed up and were the first ones to board Princess Leias ship. Of course the first one in took a shot to the chest and was knocked down. :lol:
My buddy played the scene from A New Hope and was like "That's you!!"
Fun shit

Hey Andrew or Tyler or someone, my wrist still hasn't healed enough to do any curls on, but it's gotten good enough for me to do tri's again. Are there any bicep exercises that don't require much wrist strain?

Since you say you can do tricep exercises it's not an issue with the exercises, but an issue with your form. With your wrist being injured and you being able to do tricep exercises but not bicep, what I imagine is the issue is that during tricep exercises you don't flex/extend your wrist (which is good) but during bicep exercises you do it without realizing it which is causing issues. The purpose of the bicep is flexion of the elbow, the tricep is extension of the elbow, and during any exercises of either of those ideally you should not be bending your wrist in any way. during a bicep curl your wrist should be completely in alignment with your forearm and not move at all, the only thing that should is your elbow flexing.

what you need to do then is while doing bicep exercises focus on your wrist, literally watch it and make sure its not bending and keep a good firm grip on the dumbell/cable/whatever you're using but not a death squeeze. if you see it bending at all try to keep it completely straight and unmoving throughout the entire range of motion. it might hurt a tiny bit still due to the pressure from gravity as you lift the weight up, but if you have a straight wrist vs bent wrist during the motion you should notice the difference, if not it might be another problem. I'd suggest just keeping that straight wrist as well as using cable machines for a while instead of dumbells as it's a bit more stable and will allow you to control it easier; it all comes down to keeping the wrist solid and keeping good form/stability while your wrist heals.

At least one good thing will come out of it because if you keep an eye on your wrist you should develop impeccable form for your bicep exercises which will help you develop your biceps even better, keep your wrist healthier and overall better.

double posting because this is something different; went to Zeitgeist last night for Isabel's birthday gathering thing and it was pretty cool. First time for me actually being in a bar and buying a beer legally and the place was pretty legit though I expected them to have more beer (they had a lot but i guess my expectations were absurd). Brooks was there too and he gave me some tips about beer/bar stuff which was pretty cool and I got to meet some new people/go to a bar I probably wouldn't have for a while/have my first legal 21 drink so all around it was pretty legit. I need to experiment more and go to more bars and I got some recommendations and I'm pretty pumped now that all the events/shows/bars are open to me whereas before I'd always miss shit. any more recommendations bay area 21+ party people have would be welcome, preferably places with cool things going on and really unique aspects that i have to see.

and happy birthday to isabel again! I was pretty exhausted from school and work/had class the next morning but i hope the rest of the night went well/had more cool things going on for your birthday

Someone recommended that to me the other night, I should check it out.

Is there a good plot or is it all horror and no story?

I just watched the first episode, and the entire time through my opinion would shift up and down. It started out good enough, but then by the halfway point it seemed like that it was a well acted show that had potential, but that the writer(s) and director were trying way too fucking hard to hit all of the "required cliches", and the editing left much to be desired. It tries to be ultra shocking, but it just becomes predictable.

I'm going to watch the next episode to see if it picks up. It has a likeable enough of a cast, and the film used is high quality stuff; I just hope the series starts playing less like an art school procedural and becomes more organic.

There's a NYTimes review up about the show that I just read, but I'm not going to post the link, because it's majorly spoilerrific. Check it out after you've watched the first episode.