say something about ... yourself!

cheapest i can remember is 99 cents in the early 90s, cause little kids dont pay attention to that shit.

cheapest i think i actually paid as a driver was around $1.30 in the late 90s. gas costs more in CA.

man that's a crazy change, and i definitely agree with altitudes; way cheaper to ride the bus but man it gets fucking insane. i've seen more weird shit on bart/muni than probably anywhere else and probably more enraged as well.

man that's a crazy change, and i definitely agree with altitudes; way cheaper to ride the bus but man it gets fucking insane. i've seen more weird shit on bart/muni than probably anywhere else and probably more enraged as well.

Yep :lol: It brings out the worst in me. I can just imagine what its like in SF lol

Over here, we our government treats gas like a sin, so it gets taxed way more than it should. On top of that, we can't drill or refine our own fuel. If only we would start drilling and building refineries instead of wasting money on "green" energy that doesn't work, we could see gas back down to about $1.50 a gallon.

Over here, we our government treats gas like a sin, so it gets taxed way more than it should. On top of that, we can't drill or refine our own fuel. If only we would start drilling and building refineries instead of wasting money on "green" energy that doesn't work, we could see gas back down to about $1.50 a gallon.
THIS

Then when your gas prices are back to your own standards, you can complain about all the people complaining that we drill too much and need to find other more renewable energy sources and how all that money and effort should just be focused towards producing more oil to keep the cost down where you like it.

There will ALWAYS be something to bitch about and always something that needs to be cheaper and no matter fucking what, we will never ever see peace on earth and there's no way to ever make everyone happy at once, so just complain about anything you want because when there's nothing else to complain about, everyone will just complain about having nothing to complain about.

Fuck humans. Damn I've been in a shitty mood the past few days.

1 ton diesel hauler - 36 gallons @ $4.19 2-3 times a week

1/2 ton delivery pick up - 34 gallons @ $3.89 2 times a week

my car 18 gallons @ $4.19 only driven in spring/summer/early fall so not so bad ;)

gf car 22 gallons @ $3.89 1-2 times a week

boat 1 26 gallons @ 3.89 + 24 dollars in oil 1-2 times a week in season

boat 2 24 gallons @ $8.50 + 36 dollars in oil once every two weeks maybe

tow/emergency boat 65 gallons @ $3.89 + $50 in oil once every month during season

yeah, I need a segway and a nerd helmet :( despite the total shit hole economy I have been very busy thankfully.

Then when your gas prices are back to your own standards, you can complain about all the people complaining that we drill too much and need to find other more renewable energy sources and how all that money and effort should just be focused towards producing more oil to keep the cost down where you like it.

There will ALWAYS be something to bitch about and always something that needs to be cheaper and no matter fucking what, we will never ever see peace on earth and there's no way to ever make everyone happy at once, so just complain about anything you want because when there's nothing else to complain about, everyone will just complain about having nothing to complain about.

Fuck humans. Damn I've been in a shitty mood the past few days.

I wouldn't normally bitch except that we are missing a good opportunity to help job growth and limit unnecessary military action in the middle east.

We have the resources to help stimulate job growth by lifting the restrictions on off-shore and ANWR drilling. Unfortunately, the government has made 97% of American coasts and ANWR off-limits to drilling. Expensive gas prices hurt the poor the most, and that's exactly who our President is supposed to be fighting for. More oil and refineries mean cheaper gas prices and more money in the pockets of the people who need it. Oil also creates good, high-paying jobs. Although relatively few, you are looking at a crew of 150 to work per rig, plus the jobs suppliers would create to meet new demand. A few jobs are better than none.

Additionally, the ability to become more energy independent will limit our interests in the Middle East and our dependence on their resources. This means that our government is far less likely to engage in unnecessary military operations and we can finally let the people get around to destroying themselves.

The thing is, for the price of gas to be affected, we don't actually have to produce more of our own oil, or immediately create more refineries. Our president just has to SAY that we will drill more and SAY that he will loosen restrictions on drilling. The oil market is a speculation-driven market, and people speculate it higher when tensions with the mid-east rise or when the government says it's tightening restrictions on drilling.

Green energy will one day be viable and have it's place. However, the government cannot legislate innovation. It takes time to make new technology viable, and until then, we need some oil.

tl;dr

Drill More.
Less War.
More jobs.
More money for you.

lebowski_leads_.png

Gas is four times as expensive here but the cars here go much, much further than American-made cars. It almost evens out at the end. Your 50 bucks it costs you to fill up your tank won't take you nearly as far as the 50 euros it takes us to fill up ours.

I still LOL when I see people impressed by 35 mpg.

Gas is four times as expensive here but the cars here go much, much further than American-made cars. It almost evens out at the end. Your 50 bucks it costs you to fill up your tank won't take you nearly as far as the 50 euros it takes us to fill up ours.

I still LOL when I see people impressed by 35 mpg.

You'd be surprised. Although we haven't jumped on the diesel bandwagon like we should, we get some impressive MPG from some of our gasoline-powered cars. (Took us long enough.)

The Ford Fiesta for example gets 40 hwy and the Chevy Cruze gets 42 hwy. That's with no hybrid tricks. Just straight gasoline power. We also have the Chevy Volt with a electric/gas motor, though not very viable for long distance travel, that gets 60mpg.

Just got back from Megadeth, and all I can say is I way WAY more impressed with Metallica last year. Dave's voice is in really bad shape and he seems to have problems singing into the mic. The playing was superb, though, especially from Broderick, but the set was a bit short - about 80 minutes. They also seemed quite restrained on stage, but despite the tired performance and the short set - I had a blast and I'm very glad I got to see this legendary band play live.