Scariest/Spookiest Experience?

When I was young, I believe under 10 or 12 years old, I used to have nightmares that didnt go away even when I was awake. When I was awake it was often an altered version of reality that I saw. I remember pretty vivdly how it felt as if I was really tiny and the walls and furniture was huge. Then there was this feel and hearing thing that I cant describe that was making the images even stronger. The only thing that made me calm down was for my parents to open our front door and have me standing out in the fresh air.

I remember that after they discovered that they used to bring me straight to the door and I remember standing there looking out at the street. However pretty often the visions would come back once I got back inside. It was really scary and I am very glad they suddenly disappeared. It was never a frequent thing but it happened every now and then.

When I tell this to people some thing it sounds cool but I can tell you wasnt cool. It was really, really scary and I guess its one of those things that one has to experience to really understand. Way worse than regular nightmares thats for sure.

on the nightmarre thema:
i once had a nightmarre that my house was burning, and when i tried to sleep again, i couldnt because the nightmare came back. I had to read a book for about 1hour before i could go back to sleep.

Sounds a lot like lucid dreaming. I used to have a lot of lucid dreams. But none supernatural.
Yes, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis can be related. Except lucid dreaming is cool (I've had a true lucidd dream only once, and it was awesome), and sleep paralysis sucks.