RECENT CONCERTS?!?!!

:cry: I'm a girl for the 1000000st time!!!
evidences :p
And I know I live in Germany but I'll be in Finland :headbang: :kickass: for 5 weeks in May.
Wacken? I know man, I just have to figure out how exactly I'll make my way up there cause there are like 800 km between me and Wacken. But of course I'll come, the line-up is too good to miss that!

I just found out Moonsorrow will play in Memmingen in April (on Alexi's birthday) so I'll go there and on 10th of April I'll go to 69 Eyes.

:erk: ;)

Yeah, the Wacken Billing rules. And the atmosphere will be great, again.

I never heard one song of Moonsorrow but they'll come to Wacken as well so I have to check them out(and Swallow The Sun as well).
Here is Metal Wasteland, we have more cows down here than people!I'm sure Kölle (or any bigger city) is much better when it comes to concerts but without a car ...

So, here's a pic that should prove I'm a girl:

The pic sucks, but I don't care. :lol:

And I like The 69 Eyes, they're not metal, okay. But they're not bad so it doesn't matter for me.

FoaBP : Meshuggah, but better. And yes, Wilson is a god. I way PT two times, last september they played the whole new album, and it sounds really really great. Next tour's gonna be a blast =)
Whole thing huh? Lucky ass.
How do they sound live playing heavier stuff?
I am also hoping they play some old stuff.
I'll die if i hear sky moves sideways
or Sound of noone listening

I'm gonna update my list of upcoming gigs, just so that this thread would stay alive. This year is gonna rock so hard \,,/

Cannibal Corpse, Disawolved, Mortem - March 16, Helsinki, Finland

Trivium, Annihilator, Sanctity - May 8, Helsinki, Finland

Megadeth, Heaven & Hell, Type O Negative, Violent Storm, Sabaton, Swallow The Sun, Leverage, Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Entwine, Korpiklaani, Kotiteollisuus, Kotipelto, (more TBA) - June 7-9, Sauna Open Air Metal Festival, Finland

Stam1na, Mokoma, Kotiteollisuus, Maj Karma, Machine Men, Blake, Kotipelto, Leverage, Poisonblack, (more TBA) - June 16, Myötätuulirock Festival, Finland (won free tickets!)

Immortal, Emperor, Vader, Children Of Bodom, W.A.S.P., Dragonforce, Katatonia, Pain, Finntroll, Hatesphere, Moonsorrow, Mercenary, D'espairsRay, Legion Of The Damned, Imperia, Insomnium, Brother Firetribe, 45 Degree Woman, Naildown, Nicole, (more TBA) - June 29-July 1, Tuska Open Air Metal Festival, Finland

Slayer, COB, In Flames, Mastodon, Maj Karma, Pain, Kotiteollisuus, Stam1na, Sonata Arctica, Mokoma, Finntroll, Poisonblack, Amorphis - July 6-8, Ruisrock Festival, Finland

Metallica, (support act TBA) - July 15, Helsinki, Finland

Stam1na, Ruoska, Diablo, Timo Rautiainen, Bloodpit, Teräsbetoni, (more TBA) - July 22, Puustock Festival, Finland (friend got 3 free tickets!)

If I get lucky, my friend might get me free tickets for one of the following concerts: Ozzy (with BLS opening \,,/), Aerosmith, The Who, Genesis or Deep Purple (with Thin Lizzy opening \,,/). I still don't like the fact that the company he works for always buys tickets for big concerts and gives them to their employees for free, fans or not. The REAL fans might not get tickets that way In my case, I just don't have enough money to pay for another gig/festival until the end of summer.

That's all so far...

Whole thing huh? Lucky ass.
How do they sound live playing heavier stuff?
I am also hoping they play some old stuff.
I'll die if i hear sky moves sideways
or Sound of noone listening
You can have a preview of it with watching Steven headbanging on "Mother & Child Divided" on the Arriving Somewhere DVD :p It looks a bit like this. But the songs fit perfectly to them (excepted for Colin, who, even if he's a supergreat bassist, seems too old for playing metal :erk:) and they played the whole stuff without any error.

But concerning the old stuff, you'll be deceived to death : they never play songs older tham Stupid Dream, with the exception of Radioactive Toy. They sometimes play "Buying New Soul" or "Don't Mate Me", but the REAL progressive songs won't be played anymore, IMO.

I pay myself a double post, but I want to talk, tonight.

As I was saying earlier, I saw Blackfield's performance in Paris, two weeks ago.
The opening band was called PURE REASON REVOLUTION, a psychedelic pop-rock band. When they came on stage and played, it was a total.. disaster. The voices were fuckin-up all the time, the compositions sounded boring as hell, the performance was kinda soporific, then me & my girlfriend made fun of them (as lot of people in the crowd), sending back picks and drumsticks to them, etc.. (that's not something I support, actually, but.. when you pay the price to see a show, the less the band can do, is giving the BETTER they have. But their show was so.. empty, there was really nothing, 45 minutes of pure bothering, so the crowd's reaction was comprehensible).

I stayed on my position, and didn't looked forward to listen to any of their albums. But one hour ago, I picked one of them, to send some mp3 to a friend in view to make him understand what I've been confronted to.
And.. when I listened to them.. FUCKIN HELL ! IT WAS AWESOME !!!!! Nothing compared to the live show, the compositions are brillant and catching, the production is nice and well done, voices clear and perfectly just, the entire revelation !!!! I didn't expected their albums would be THAT great, after seeing the massacre on scene !..

Well, that's all. I wanted to tell about it, and I invite anybody to listen to The Dark Third to make up an idea. Thanks for reading.

http://www.purereasonrevolution.com/
http://www.myspace.com/purereasonrevolution

Such a shame they dont play the REAL proggy stuff...i love that trippy shit
So what are your thoughts on setlist for PT tour
and ill check out that pure reas rev. in meantime
cheerz dude

Last concert I was to was Tarot on Febuary 9th...
I guess next one will be Wacken. That is, unless my (goth) girlfriend talks me into going to see the 69 Eyes with her...:ill:

Love the "arriving somewhere dvd"
but TOO much deadwing
hope 07 tour is not arriving somewhere duplicated
...im actually excited to hear the 17 min.anthesisize

saw Unleashed & Belphegor , amazing sets, first time for both, Belphegor played a lot of the latest album and were pretty amazing, Unleashed played most of the classics and a good selection from their new album. :kickass:

I want Wintersun to hurry up and release 'Time' so that I can go see them live! I am desperate to see that band!