Schecter Hellraiser, ESP LTD MH400nt or something else?

After the first line of the op I thought 'slsmg', glad to see I wasn't the first! Jackson have better necks/fretboards/fretwork for the price imo, and to me thats 80% of a guitar. I change pickups alot, and would rather replace a bridge then have whatever asian equivalent mahogany the cheaper factories use at the time. That said, my c7 hellraiser sounded massive! Just cannot get past the dry rosewood fretboards and the crapshoot fretwork I see on Schecters. The Loomis' I've played have had great fretwork btw.

I got a used Jackson SLSMG (2003 model I believe) with active EMGs and HSC off eBay. It was only $388.88 total which includes shipping. I didn't think I could win it for under $400, but I got a nice surprise.

Thanks for the help everyone.

A discontinued Eerie Dess Swirl color. My girlfriend thinks it's ugly, but I like it.

Right now I'm planning to upgrade the hardware on it. With the money I saved buying used, I can get a new bridge, tuners and nut and still come out well under what I would have paid for for a new Schecter or LTD. The stock hardware is just awful for a guitar that sells new for a thousand bucks.

I'll see if I can post pictures when I'm done modding it.

For the record, ESP/LTD/Schecter are all one and the same, ownership and I think factories as well. On one of their sites it says they aren't affiliated, on another one of their sites it says they are, lol.

They are.

~006

That is true, but i'm not sure about them beeing made in the same factory (korea)

Could be right, which is why i said "...I think factories as well" :p

~006

A discontinued Eerie Dess Swirl color. My girlfriend thinks it's ugly, but I like it.

Right now I'm planning to upgrade the hardware on it. With the money I saved buying used, I can get a new bridge, tuners and nut and still come out well under what I would have paid for for a new Schecter or LTD. The stock hardware is just awful for a guitar that sells new for a thousand bucks.

I'll see if I can post pictures when I'm done modding it.

Nice score man, those ones usally go for more than the standard colours. I don't think i'd like that finish on any other guitar:loco: