Schecter Loomis Stock String Gauge?

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Im about to order a new pack of strings for my Loomis FR but am curious as to what gauge they actually ship with as to not fuck the FR up. Normally id say 10-56 but usually that gauge feels way too light for my tastes yet whatevers on the Loomis feels perfectly good.

Any ideas? :kickass:

I know that Loomis has used a 70 for his low B before when its tuned down to A#, and some people say he used a 62 on the Obsidian Conspiracy album

Yeah but im quite sure the ones that ship as stock on his models are a hell of a lot lighter as to not put off people that can't handle such heavy strings as a 70 :p

Yeah a 59 wouldn't kick it off too bad if it was suppose to be a 56 would it? haha, I fucking hate intonation you see!

I own a few of them... I replaced the stocks with ghs 7M Boomers (10-60) and didn't notice a change in the FR...

Ahh good call, you prefer the GHS over D'addarios?

Yeah a 59 wouldn't kick it off too bad if it was suppose to be a 56 would it? haha, I fucking hate intonation you see!

Ahh good call, you prefer the GHS over D'addarios?

Hell yeah, GHS lasted over a week longer than the last set of D'addarios i had, they had a twangier sound to my ears as well, which might suit you or might not, depends what sound ye going for :D

Very interestng! Obv the ol' shred mistro himself uses ernies testicals...the guitar is quite twangy to begin with....which may produce total-twang-overkill! :O

IIRC the Schecter website use to list D'Addario 10-52 for 6's + 56 for B string across the range.
When I bought my C7 I had to change to a 59 to get the tension I wanted, so I'd say that's on par with the site.

Very interestng! Obv the ol' shred mistro himself uses ernies testicals...the guitar is quite twangy to begin with....which may produce total-twang-overkill! :O

Thats what i was thinking, but that might help you get closer to that Loomis tone we all love :devil:

Ernie balls are nice for the first day/few hours but they lose their twang quick, GHS strings lasted me nearly a whole week and a half before they even started to get slightly dull

Hell yeah, GHS lasted over a week longer than the last set of D'addarios i had, they had a twangier sound to my ears as well, which might suit you or might not, depends what sound ye going for :D

For me it was quite the opposite, the GHS boomers didn't last too long.
I like D'addario and Earnie Ball the most so far.

Can't help with the Stock Gauge, sorry Jaymz ;)

I'm certain that Loomis uses 9-46 and a 64 now, but I doubt that's the set it came with. Probably 56 or 59 like the others said. But why not put a set you like and give it to a professional to set it up (or yourself if you know how) and get it over with? Personally, I would suggest to block the FR altogether, or put a tremol-no or something like that.

IIRC it was definitely higher than 59. I had the info at one point from somewhere on google, but one thing I do remember was that I bought some 59 sets for it which was a lighter gauge than what it was meant to have come with. How come you dont you like tinkering with the floyd dude?

IIRC it was definitely higher than 59. I had the info at one point from somewhere on google, but one thing I do remember was that I bought some 59 sets for it which was a lighter gauge than what it was meant to have come with. How come you dont you like tinkering with the floyd dude?

Lol, exact oposite of my experience.

I think an email to Schecter is in order. Why they took this info off their website is very silly IMO!