scott on illegal dl

I remember an interview where Lars was talking about making copis of his NWOBHM albums for James when they were younger. Same thing, no?

Not exactly.

With various laws such as the Audio Home Recording Act, there were ways to combat this slightly. For example, back in the day if you purchased a blank tape cassette, a portion of that money would go into a pool to be divided based on yearly sales to the labels & artists. Since there is no way to properly track pirated digital copies, there is no recourse such as this.

Also, home taping was on a much smaller scale. If I allowed ten friends to come over & dub a tape or CD from me onto a blank cassette, it would expand to 10 other people, potentially losing 9 sales. If I allowed one of the fileshare programs or torrent sites to download, that number is considerably higher. IMO, comparing home taping to torrents is like comparing a shot glass of JD to a barrel of it.

Is it moral? TBH, that's for you to decide for yourself. I have made my decision; I'm just spreading some facts here.

I remember an interview where Lars was talking about making copis of his NWOBHM albums for James when they were younger. Same thing, no?

Sort of. Except one person has to actually own a copy of the album to tape it for his friend. And nobody in their right mind would take the time to copy it for thousands of people, who in turn don't have to buy it.

You see hem there quite a bit then?:D

Yes because they are SOOO AWESOME! Look at how awesome they are, he has a tattoo of a necklace. That's hardcore, I take them seriously based on that.

fall-out-boy-1.jpg

Yes because they are SOOO AWESOME! Look at how awesome they are, he has a tattoo of a necklace. That's hardcore, I take them seriously based on that.

fall-out-boy-1.jpg

That band has a serious image problem. Trucker hats, mutton chops, and $5 Wal-Mart sweaters? I don't usually care about image but come on, at least make a little effort.

That being said, I still liked The Damned Things and didn't steal the cd. (Trying to stay on topic.:lol:)

thing is if the music is good enough people buy the album.. which is exactly what I did with this album.. and exactly what caused me not to buy the last Bush album... I didn't like it

So yes, I bought Worship Music after downloading it. Would do it again.

I usually buy the cd from a store or from the band when they play a show in town. My last few purchases have been digital downloads through the Zune Marketplace.

Anyone know which transaction is most profitable for bands?

I read an interview with the guitarist of Lazarus A.D. in which he stated he doesn't care how fans acquire the music as long as they go to the concerts and support the band by buying some merchandise.

Downloading music in not immoral. Eating at McDonald's or wearing a sign that says "homosexuality is a sin" is immoral. In fact, 'immoral' and 'downloading music' don't even belong in the same sentence.

I think whether you agree or not, the bottom line here is that Scott has been fortunate enough to make it as a famous musician. He makes a living off of playing a guitar while hanging out with his friends. It sounds like he seriously needs to learn how to count his blessings and stop crying about shit that's not going to change. If Anthrax goes broke from lack of CD sales, well then it would look like little Scotty would have to get a real job like everybody else. I find it hard to really respect someone who has a better life than 99% of the people in the world but is still gonna bitch about not getting what's his.

So yes, from a strictly business perspective I suppose he is right. But in life it's important to pick your battles and just be happy with what you got. He should just be glad that his band is even still a band right now.

I can't tell you how many times in the last 20 years I repurchased a cd I already had because it got so unplayable from all the skipping (scratches on the cd surface). Do I get any credit for that, or am I still a greedy asshole fan??

I think whether you agree or not, the bottom line here is that Scott has been fortunate enough to make it as a famous musician. He makes a living off of playing a guitar while hanging out with his friends. It sounds like he seriously needs to learn how to count his blessings and stop crying about shit that's not going to change. If Anthrax goes broke from lack of CD sales, well then it would look like little Scotty would have to get a real job like everybody else. .

So, being in the entertainment industry or being an artist means that you have no right to want to get paid for your output? Because your job is not a 'real job'? Being a musician/actor/artist is not valid or moral enough for you? I guess the only 'deserving' people are blue collar workers or farmers? You sound bitter because you weren't 'fortunate enough' to ever make it as a musician or something .... :devil:

So, being in the entertainment industry or being an artist means that you have no right to want to get paid for your output? Because your job is not a 'real job'? Being a musician/actor/artist is not valid or moral enough for you? I guess the only 'deserving' people are blue collar workers or farmers? You sound bitter because you weren't 'fortunate enough' to ever make it as a musician or something .... :devil:

Wow, can someone say 'straw man'?

If I sound bitter for not making it big as musician (lol), then you sound like you have Scott Ian's dick in your ass. Some of you go so far out of your way to defend/make excuses for the crap that has come out of his mouth. Try not missing the point next time.