Scumback Speakers?

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
Hey. I've always been using V30 speakers no matter what. The sound is really starting to get boring after 20 years. :D I'm not saying I won't use them anymore but I wanted to try something different and I tried OwnHammers Scumback impulses and I REALLY like them. I think the presence of the speaker is a lot smoother than a V30. Check it:

No post processing as always. Just Overloud TH2 Mesa Roadking through OwnHammer H75 mix-n-match #8. Me likey!

Any of you tried them in real life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill listen to the clip now. On the other hannd im sorry i cant be of much help as ive never tried one but i have to say i heard some grest clips coming from that cab. Nothing metal yet but dome amazing tock tones (clean and crunch)

Edit: heard the clip but im on my phone so.. Im listening thry headphones but it sounds good! Ill give it another listen on speakers

I've tried them a couple of times. They are a very good speaker. Probably the next best thing from real '60s-'70s greenbacks. The guy is super cool and really did his homework on cloning the old 25 watters. I think they would compliment your playing style nicely. They have some really nice 4x12 cabs too. The ones without tolex might be something to consider if you could get along with the look.