Seattle Show Reviews, Setlist, And Comments...

oh and get this, i brought one of my friends who didnt like opeth AT ALL, but decided to come for the hell of it. after the show though he was like "DUDE im gonna go buy like 3 opeth cds!!!" he said it was the best show he's ever been too :loco:

I stood at the edge of the pit toward the back in the center throughout most of the set so I could see the whole stage. I was wearing an Agalloch "The Mantle" shirt and was headbanging like a tard throughout the whole set lol.

When dez went to give me 5 moved my hand away then shook my head. I said other stuff I did to him in the other thread. Was the guy you saw named Jeff or something like that? A guy named Jeff that doesn't look like a metaler came with my friend Zach.

Opeth were greatness. I pissed the midget from Devildork off. He kept coming up in from on me so my brother and I tried to take his backstage pass and shit. He tried to give me five then I moved my hand away then shook my head. Started giving me not-so-happy looks as I took my boredom out on him.

Right when Opeth come out my bro and I started cheering for Martin. Other people joined in and he looked happy. He rules the whole night. One thing that sucked about the show... Fat, retarded, assholes. I waited for 6 hours to see Opeth front center. During the first song this retard started elbowing me and fighting me to get up front. Finally after putting me in headlocks and shit he got in and continued being an asshole. He was flipping off opeth and kept say "play...(don't remember), BITCH". It was funny when Mike heard it and laughed then said "bitch". The security guards want to kick him out but there is no way to do it. After Windowpain he yelled at mike "GIVE ME A PICK!" so Mike was like "uhhh... alright" then did. Then he said the next song is off damnation. The retarded yelled "FUCK THIS" then left. After that the show went amazing for me. After the show the security guard came up to me and said they threw him out.

Yeah. Took it off his stand. I'm a bastard. Had to prove to my brother that the one I got at the damnation show was one of his picks even though it is blank.

They went away fast. They were around the corner to the left after the entrance. If that makes sense. There was a pile of Lamentations promo posters and a pile of promo posters for the show.

My friend Bo actually had the mic long enough to sing "I wish you were dead" on one song. Once again, they were good, but not for everybody.

Haha, I heard that. DD pretty much sucked the big one in my opinion though. I stayed near the back until the second set change.

Interesting what a lousy response moonspell got I thought. They aren't really bad and they've been in the game a while. I would have thought the would bring their own crowd-like when Opeth toured with lacuna coil. Whatever though, maybe I'm one of the only people that was getting into it. I didn't head bang or anything though because I felt out of place.

Opeth sounded almost flawless. I can't believe how amazing Mike's voice has become. In a lot of ways the actual sound was as good as if not better than on cd. There was one song when the guy on the mixing board blew it though. The guitar was way higher than the vocals.

I was the dude in the plain white tee. I pretty much went apeshit when they broke out with "the moor" since it's one of my all time favorites.

Hey-was that guy that security dragged off bald fat and in a wife beater? He was right in front of me. Seemed like a true dickhead.

It would have been really cool if they played a total rare set. i.e.

Master's Apprentice
To Bid You Farewell
The Moor
Funeral Portrait
When
April Ethereal
Serenity Painted Death
Face of Melinda
Benighted
Blackwater Park

Not really in a particular order. Would be a cool rarities set!

Am I missing any?

PS: I'm really happy with what they played, don't get me wrong!

NapalmForLunch said:
They went away fast. They were around the corner to the left after the entrance. If that makes sense. There was a pile of Lamentations promo posters and a pile of promo posters for the show.
What or who went away fast?

I was at the seattle show and the last reviewer isn't giving enough credit to how awesome opeth really was. This was my 3rd time seeing them, (and countless other streams/mpegs) and I could tell they were trying harder than usual to put on a great set. They got a great response from the audience throughout the set, and even opeth chants BEFORE they came out. (Not to mention the encore)

This really was a show to remember for any Death Metal fan.