SEATTLE SHOW

Brackofthemountain

CTHULU PUPPETMASTER
Oct 14, 2005
Seattle
Last time Opeth came in, they rocked... I even saw Mikel outside with the really hot bartender lady walking in with like 8 Starbucks coffees in their hands...

The only way they can outplay their last show... is by playing something from Still Life again. Goddamn, that was fucking awesome watching them play "The Moor" live.

Oh yeah... seeing Stratovarious in town last week raises a question.

Their guitarist switches from acoustic to electric durings songs because the acoustic is propped up with a stand... why doesn't Opeth do that during their sets? It would be sick to see them play When on stage with acoustic guitars(considering they ever did play anything off of My Arms Your Hearse live besides Demon of the Fall)...

The moor was fuckin awesome. I can't imagine it being as good this time, especially without Lopez. I'm still stoked though.

Really looking forward to tonight's show! This will be my 4th time seeing the band and they never disappoint. I'll be the dork in the Pale Folklore shirt.

got back from it not very long ago. same set as SF/Vancouver.

pretty sweet show.

anyone see that drunk guy who got kicked out during pelicans set? that fucker got right infront of me and started causing all this commotion with people next to him (shaking us and pressing his ass against my body :erk:), and got violent when people told him to stop. eventually a big guy decided to shove him aside and thats when the guard came. good times.

i was right infront of Akerfeldt all the way until the end of TGC, after which i decided to move back cause i was literally getting _squished_ nonstop by the fuckers behind me. twas worth it while it lasted though... great view!

pretty sweet show. better experience than when I last saw them in jan. '04 methinks.

anyone see that drunk guy who got kicked out during pelican's set? that fucker got right infront of me and started causing all this commotion with people next to him (shaking us and pressing his ass against my body :erk: ), and got violent when people told him to stop. eventually a big guy decided to shove him aside and thats when the guard came. good times.

i was right infront of Akerfeldt all the way until the end of TGC, after which i decided to move back cause i was literally getting _squished_ nonstop by the fuckers behind me. 'twas worth it while it lasted though... great view!

I was right in fucking front where those two metal girls were(I see them at every show I go to in this area). Lopez was there. It was an experience, I'll tell ya. The fact that I was drenched in sweat(90 percent of it not mine), made it clear that I was at a good show.

I'm just sad Mikael hasn't learned Sweet Home Alabama yet;_;

:headbang:

R0l0 said:
anyone see that drunk guy who got kicked out during pelican's set? that fucker got right infront of me and started causing all this commotion with people next to him (shaking us and pressing his ass against my body :erk: ), and got violent when people told him to stop. eventually a big guy decided to shove him aside and thats when the guard came. good times.

Yeah... that dude was an asshole. He tried getting to the front by sqirming his way through a few friends and I, but he couldn't succeed... There was some dude(he had a shitload of dreads tied up to his head, and a really fat girlfriend of his w/ dreadlocks too) who flipped me off for no particular reason. I dunno why.

^ hmm, I think I saw that guy with the dreads, and he was right next to me, though I don't recall seeing a g/f with him. maybe different people.

nah... he was actually way off to my right. The dude with the dreads... I've actually seen him down at Studio Seven when I saw Into Eternity(out of the three times I've seen them in the last 4 months^_^)

BTW FIREBALL MINISTRY SUCKS.

I've been at a couple insidents where I almost got in fights...but this time I'm gonna have to uh "not get pissed off" since my arm is still in a sprint from suffocation/aborted last weekend. I'll take it off when I go to the show though.

Lopez was not there. I was in the front row with that woman with dreads right behind me. I don't know how I made it through the whole show without internal injuries.

I hung out on the floor towards the back during most of the show. That place seems to get hotter and hotter every time I go there. I ended up showing up right before Pelican who seemed talented but couldn't hold my interest. Opeth was good as always and I was really excited to finally hear When live. Would've been nice to hear something from Morningrise though but I can't complain.

--

Brackofthemountain said:
BTW FIREBALL MINISTRY SUCKS.
so true. remember: "you guys are at about the Offspring level right now." i yelled back, "what, like you're not?!"

Opeth was amazing. the sound quality impressed me for that little place (first time there). i also loved that they played When, i've been wanting to hear it live; it's easily my favourite on MYAH
i'm hurtin pretty bad today... i was the guy going crazy moshing/thrashing growling (like everybody else?) only toward the end i'm sure i had a fuckin fro.

anybody see the guy that got owned by that big staff guy when he tried to crowd surf?

yeah fireball ministry sucked ass..but pelican and opeth were amazing i think. is it true that they are coming back in february? and if the guy who's 6'7" is reading this thanks for the water.

yeah I didn't get that offspring level bullshit.

I too was there. in teh back of the floor..next to one of the wood pillars. there were alot of douchebags there that needed their shit ruined. But I managed to hold my own and enjoy the show. Mike stared at me directly for quite a few prolonged periods of time. ...everyone around me was af ucking douche though, and I was the only one who knew any of hte lyrics. So maybe that's why.I was the only one mouthing the words back to him correctly.

bunch of fucking norma jean fans were all around me....it was like Hell, only...Opeth was playing. I was very confused.

the_drip said:
bunch of fucking norma jean fans were all around me....it was like Hell, only...Opeth was playing. I was very confused.

Norma Jean was at Sounds of the Underground as was Opeth. They sucked... however, their fans actually liked Opeth enough to see them.

Oh yeah... I think that was Martin Lopez behind drums.

Mike mentioned it about 3 times the entire night, especially with the fact that he was back from the clinic, AND IT FUCKING SAID MARTIN LOPEZ ACROSS HIS DOUBLE BASS DRUMS. I don't think you would be seeing anybody else behind those...

the_drip said:
..everyone around me was af ucking douche though, and I was the only one who knew any of hte lyrics
funny you say that.... i noticed up front a good number of the people knew the words and were actually singing along to the songs, but once i moved back everyone was just standing there like it was the first time they've ever heard them.