SEATTLE SHOW

Brackofthemountain said:
Oh yeah... I think that was Martin Lopez behind drums.

Mike mentioned it about 3 times the entire night, especially with the fact that he was back from the clinic, AND IT FUCKING SAID MARTIN LOPEZ ACROSS HIS DOUBLE BASS DRUMS. I don't think you would be seeing anybody else behind those...
:lol: I'm 100% positive it wasn't Lopez. Lopez doesn't have blonde hair.

I recall mike said something along the lines of Lopez comimg back from the clinic and was resting at home in sweden and that the they have Martin Axenrot as the replacement, then joking around about how they always find fuckers named Martin ,..

Good show- as soon as they started playing "when" I went nuts :p

I got there really early and got pics with the guys, and had a decent conversation with per and axenrot down at the little corner deli. I think Axe did a great job, definitely adequete to fill in for Lopez. Poor Mike seemed to be having a little trouble with some of the notes due to that throat infection.

Oh- and Pelican rocked, even though they missed a couple beats and one of the guitarists levels were WAY too far down for the first song. I think I'll look into them more. Fireball ministry on the other hand WAS really bad. It felt like they played the same riff over and over for every song and then just reused the same melody. The country twang to the chicks voice definitely didin't help matters- and the drummer was just awful.

R0l0 said:
:lol: I'm 100% positive it wasn't Lopez. Lopez doesn't have blonde hair.

I recall mike said something along the lines of Lopez comimg back from the clinic and was resting at home in sweden and that the they have Martin Axenrot as the replacement, then joking around about how they always find fuckers named Martin ,..

It was definitely NOT Matin Lopez on drums, although the blonde Martin did do a much better job than I would have thought. He was about 90% there, but during the end of Deliverance he had a bit of a meter issue.
Mikael introduced him as being from the band Europe and somebody kept yelling for "The Final Countdown":loco:

Opeth was outstanding; Mikael always put the fun back into death metal.

I found it fucking awesome when he made us do the death metal growls halfway through... I think he had been hearing how fucking awesome the Seattle crowd was when Stratovarious and Hammerfall came in on two seperate tours and did the same thing^_^.

I am a first time member, and am posting here for the first time as well, to tell you about my story at this particular show.
me and a friend drove roughly 300 miles from Post Falls Idaho to see opeth, and we parked in a garage 15 blocks away from the El Corazon. When we got back after the show, the garage was closed and we were trapped outside for like 3 hours before a security guard let us get our truck out.
they charged me $27 for after-hours release fee and i was on my way from Seattle at about 3:30 am. We were almost about to sleep on cardboard outside the place.
regardless, i will definately be back in February when they return.
AWESOME PERFORMANCE!
ROCK ON!

OpethFanEternal said:
I am a first time member, and am posting here for the first time as well, to tell you about my story at this particular show.
me and a friend drove roughly 300 miles from Post Falls Idaho to see opeth, and we parked in a garage 15 blocks away from the El Corazon. When we got back after the show, the garage was closed and we were trapped outside for like 3 hours before a security guard let us get our truck out.
they charged me $27 for after-hours release fee and i was on my way from Seattle at about 3:30 am. We were almost about to sleep on cardboard outside the place.
regardless, i will definately be back in February when they return.
AWESOME PERFORMANCE!
ROCK ON!

There's a parking lot I park at everytime I go to El Corazon... it's about 3 blocks west on Denny Way and it was only 3 dollars for the entire night. It's probably the best pay parking that you can get in the area, and it's basically the easiest.

I would KILL to see them play Harlequin Forest.

Man, I would probably tear up if they play that song in Houston. Doubtful, though. :cry:

Anyone else agree that Harlequin Forest is the best song off of Ghost R.?

quick question. how long after the posted time for the start of the show (ie - 7:30...ect...) does Opeth come on? im going to the show on 11/2 and i dont want to see Nevermore or Into Eternity, and the show starts at 8, so when will Opeth be on?

thanks!

^ the show started at 8 for us and Opeth got on at 10:05... so a good two hours.
but who knows, it may vary on the venue.. depending on how long they take to set up each set, etc.

R0l0 said:
^ the show started at 8 for us and Opeth got on at 10:05... so a good two hours.
but who knows, it may vary on the venue.. depending on how long they take to set up each set, etc.

ugh...i so dont want to hang around for 2 hrs...

colin007 said:
quick question. how long after the posted time for the start of the show (ie - 7:30...ect...) does Opeth come on? im going to the show on 11/2 and i dont want to see Nevermore or Into Eternity, and the show starts at 8, so when will Opeth be on?

thanks!

Wait... you DON'T WANT TO SEE NEVERMORE OR INTO ETERNITY?

You should be slapped.

I had to sit through Fireball Ministry and halfway decent Pelican.

Brackofthemountain said:
Norma Jean was at Sounds of the Underground as was Opeth. They sucked... however, their fans actually liked Opeth enough to see them.

Oh yeah... I think that was Martin Lopez behind drums.

Mike mentioned it about 3 times the entire night, especially with the fact that he was back from the clinic, AND IT FUCKING SAID MARTIN LOPEZ ACROSS HIS DOUBLE BASS DRUMS. I don't think you would be seeing anybody else behind those...

the fact that Mikael explained that Lopez was absent, and that Axenrot was playign drums makes you a complete idiot.

lopez is wackign off in Sweden.

the_drip said:
the fact that Mikael explained that Lopez was absent, and that Axenrot was playign drums makes you a complete idiot.

lopez is wackign off in Sweden.

No actually the fact that I couldn't tell the difference between Axenrot and Lopez, is because I'm completely deaf from the last three shows I went to in the last two weeks(Stratovarious, Hanful of Luvin, and I was deaf by the time Opeth came on)...

All I heard was the name Martin, and I ASSUMED.

Actually... nevermind the fact that I just defended myself. Instead, look at this icon I'm typing in and it reflects my emotions stained by your dreaded insult:

:cry:

Yeah. Actually, I agree. I am an idiot. But at least I listen to good music.

No actually the fact that I couldn't tell the difference between Axenrot and Lopez, is because I'm completely deaf from the last three shows I went to in the last two weeks(Stratovarious, Hanful of Luvin, and I was deaf by the time Opeth came on)...

All I heard was the name Martin, and I ASSUMED.
you can only tell martin by the way he sounds?! why dont you use your eyes instead of ears. Or do you not know what martin looks like, if you dont.....god.

R0l0 said:
funny you say that.... i noticed up front a good number of the people knew the words and were actually singing along to the songs, but once i moved back everyone was just standing there like it was the first time they've ever heard them.

Yeah, i was toward the back with in the middle with that hugeass pillar for the first song and everybody was just standing around, but when i heard When was next i said "to hell with these lame mofos" and shoved my way up toward the front. Past that with each song i was thrashing more and getting closer to front/center with the rest of the real fans.. singing/growling every word of every song.

oh, tell me somebody caught what Mike said he was jerking off to when writing.. shit.. what was the song that came next.. *sigh* whatever, you've gotta know what i'm talking about.

oh.. again. anybody see/know the girl that was like front/left (if facing the stage) that was headbanging and moshing like a fuckin pro? uh, shoulder length hair, white shirt, not real tall, pretty cute? what a badass girl, i wanna go to more shows with her :headbang: maybe in Feb, or when CoB comes by? i'll definitely be at the show in Feb.

affinityband said:
you can only tell martin by the way he sounds?! why dont you use your eyes instead of ears. Or do you not know what martin looks like, if you dont.....god.

BECAUSE YOU'RE THE FUCKING ULTIMATE OPETH FAN...