Secret behind Viva's tray

Schism

Evacuate, Assemble here..
Jan 15, 2003
Mittagong, NSW Australia
Visit site
I picked up my copy of Viva Emptiness in a Sydney store yesterday, I was quite mystified at how they had gotten it before the official Euro release date, but anyway I grabbed it without hesitation (even though I had the Mp3's a month before), The artwork is nice great pics by Trav and a chrome-like colour to all the artwork.
Ever since I discovered the cow licking it's own arse on the Tool-undertow album, I have always lifted the tray to find hidden artwork (if the tray is not clear like it usually is these days) I will not reveal what I have found, yet, coz you all may enjoy the surprise, but I will say their is a curious little conversation between two people printed behind the black tray.

Let me know what you make of it everybody!!

I found it too though to be honest its a bit pointless and not particularly funny!They should have made a proper design behind the tray and had a clear case rather than the shiny black backing.

I found that secret the day I got the album too. If the CD is out of the tray, you can just barely make out 'something' hidden behind it. I laughed my ass off. It seems so uncharacteristic, but at the same time, so fuckin funny.

I wonder what this conversation has to do with the whole album...it seems a bit pointless...not really in Katatonia style...strange...

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I noticed it too. It's got nothing on the "secret" under Kid A's tray.

yeah, that came on the news when the cd came out. The reporter preson said that Tony Blair refused to comment on it.

something wierd though, that happened on viva and kid a. they're both black trays, and both when i oppened them broke in the bottom right corner... :err: kinda annoying, still, tape is good.

Why, was there something controvertial about that secret booklet that I'm not aware of?

And the secret in Katatonia's tray is quite funny - I must admit, that was one of the first things I tried doing [cause I'm nosy] but it's weird...who the hell was having that conversation though? Was it the band members? And is it just me, or did any of you not get it either??? The end I mean..."what do you call jizz?" "I say later..." :err: