Secret cover compilation from fans

@The-Lull

Seems you havent seen that I noticed your song too!
I said that the song sounds completely different somehow, but that I like the atmosphere in it! It sounds like a "new" kata song.
Maybe its better to keep it instrumental..

@ VALAFAR

WOW!! This is REALLY experimental!!!
And I have to say something! If there is a new COVER CONTEST someday, you have best chances to win!!!!!
Very cool!!!!

OK, and I chose also 2 more songs I will give a try to cover them.
First I will cover SWEET NURSE. Then I have a great Idea about a HARD version of the song ELOHIM METH from Kata's first full album.
I have crazy Ideas for that song, but of course I wont reach VALAFAR's cover! Really amazing !

@Dora
Thanks for your words Dora!! :D :headbang:
I'm still working on those chords for "sleeper"... :p

@The_Loveless
:D I'm glad you liked my cover!
electronics can't be that bad at all ah?
they can sound very dark and aggressive :)

...go ahead and try crazy ideas!!
that's the idea of the covering i guess!!

if you (or anyone) need any help in techno drum sampling or sequencing just ask!

@the-lull
Imagine your tonight's music with female angelic vocals and in the choir part a male-female duo...
:headbang:

Hey Dora!

I'm glad, that you like the artwork .... so you think, I should let it be as it is, or are there some things that could be improved?

Oh, here's the full-size JPEG-file:

http://home.arcor.de/die3hammer/kfuck/front1.jpg

I also have the original BMP with a better quality (uncompressed), but it's size is about 2,5 MB :)

I hope to find the time tonight, and create the CD and the back-cover...

I'll post the links when ready!

George.

yourdeadgroom said:
I've changed my mind, and am now doing a heavy (and very much altered) rendition of One Year From Now, just finished writing the arrangement today, tomorrow I start on the mind numbing task of programming the drums ;)
Hopefully it'll be available by the end of the week.

excellent!
i(we) hope to check it out soon!

Y1 said:
Hey Dora!

I'm glad, that you like the artwork .... so you think, I should let it be as it is, or are there some things that could be improved?

I also have the original BMP with a better quality (uncompressed), but it's size is about 2,5 MB :)

HI,

thanks.. you could try to zip the bmp, they can be zipped well.
My idea would be to make the black part smaller and the middle a bit wider, and a problem: a cd is 12x12cm and at this size the menu items on the top and the bottom are not readable at all (or at least for me they are far too small).. so at the bottom it can be pulled together (delete some grey) and make it wider, bigger, and at the top also, with less words..
that thing in the left bottom corner is funny: "posts: 66" how about 666? :))

Dora said:
I'm waiting for Y1's answer..
and others posting songs? Cerulean?

@Dora

Sorry Dora... I'm doing my job :) but I don't have more then 1-2 hours a day time for this, because of my job and my 2 y/o son :)

My plans are to make some more covers, so you (and the others) can chose witch one we could take....
I guess, I've got too many ideas :)

Also my stuff will be on another server in some days, I'll post the
adress by time.

Here's the current adress with the current state:
http://home.arcor.de/die3hammer/kfuck/index.html

That's it for today,
George.

oK.. thank you for all! :) I like the first one now and what do you think about enlarging the top/bottom?

oh.. i just see your web. IMHO that C on the k idea was great! So I vote for the first but with bigger menu stripes.. The 3rd one is nice but an ink-waster.

well.. I like the 3rd one as well. but the first is more about the forum. and I like that C draw on k that gives an explanation of the k at the end of kfuck :) .. And think practical: for the 3rd one we need a color inkjet or laser printer and thanks to the dark blue and black we also need much much ink, and because of the much ink, we need special paper that wont get wet. And the bird can go to the first ones as well.. i would insist on having the forum menu borders, the C/k and the cursor after the text, and in black and white, or color but then light color (haha..).. For me, I can print with color inkjet to normal paper (sucks) or black laser.
One more thing: one piece of 12x12cm paper will fall out from the box, it would be better to have a 24x12 paper half folded, but no special artwork needed for the inner side, it can be a mirror of the front (maybe without text). So how about these?

I'd go for the third one (the blue one). Nice work you're doing.
Yesterday I tried to play a piano version of "wealth" which is not bad after all, it's cool because it sounds like more as a horror/thriller film sound track...ha ha, but I still have to fix some parts and then find a way to record it...moreover my piano is a bit out of tune, so it will take sometime before I get it tuned (it's so expensive...and I can't do it myself!), but my intentions are to record it one of these days...

I got motivated, and have finished my cover of One Year From Now :D

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/doomedtosolitude/doom/katatonia_cover_oneyearfromnow.mp3

I have limited bandwidth, so if you can't download it, try again later. I also have no program to compress the sound, so if you are listening to it through Windows Media Player or something similar, you may need to turn the eq off, or it distorts the vocals too much (not that my growls are understandable, but the bass can get overloaded, I have a deep voice ;))

If anyone doesn't understand what I've done, or is interested, I can explain my approach, but I'm sure most of you will figure it out ;)