Senior Trip

you sure? 'cause i know they started in 1990! so next summer makes it 20th!

well my friend, does not the first year count?

1 - 90
2 - 91
3 - 92
4 - 93
5 - 94
6 - 95
7 - 96
8 - 97
9 - 98
10- 99
11 - 00
12 - 01
13 - 02
14 - 03
15 - 04
16 - 05
17 - 06
18 - 07
19 - 08
20 - 09
21 - 10

And, yes I am sure, the WOA organizers had T-shirts made this year saying "20 years louder than hell" and I was there in 04, when they called it the 15 year anniversary.

well my friend, does not the first year count?

1 - 90
2 - 91
3 - 92
4 - 93
5 - 94
6 - 95
7 - 96
8 - 97
9 - 98
10- 99
11 - 00
12 - 01
13 - 02
14 - 03
15 - 04
16 - 05
17 - 06
18 - 07
19 - 08
20 - 09
21 - 10

And, yes I am sure, the WOA organizers had T-shirts made this year saying "20 years louder than hell" and I was there in 04, when they called it the 15 year anniversary.

haha, yes, my 2004 Wacken towel also says "15th Anniversary"

Honestly, Immortal will have a new CD out in September/October and will probably do a full North American tour (which having seen Immortal in a small club, I can pretty much say for certain that it would be way more fun than on a huge stage). Going to Wacken just for Immortal would be kinda silly. Someone said that Mercyful Fate might play Hellfest which means that's the fest to go to. Also Roadburn looks hot since Tom Gabriel Fischer will pick the lineup for one of the days and this years lineup was picked by Neurosis for one of the days. Sick!

What HaloSlayer should have done was bought the digital ticket to this year's Wacken and watch the live streams of all the bands to get a sense of how it works and what kinds of bands play. I was actually thinking of doing it myself but I forgot.

Honestly, Immortal will have a new CD out in September/October and will probably do a full North American tour (which having seen Immortal in a small club, I can pretty much say for certain that it would be way more fun than on a huge stage). Going to Wacken just for Immortal would be kinda silly. Someone said that Mercyful Fate might play Hellfest which means that's the fest to go to. Also Roadburn looks hot since Tom Gabriel Fischer will pick the lineup for one of the days and this years lineup was picked by Neurosis for one of the days. Sick!

Reason that it wont be silly, is because I'm moving back to middle east in about 20 days, and no metal shows there, so if Immortal did actually tour, id miss it!

so i thought when i move i'll just save the money that i used to spend on concerts and spend it on one huge festival!

also like i said before hopefully Ulver will be playing at either hellfest or wacken, if not i'll probably do wacken/ulver(whereever they're playing) or hellfest/ulver depends on the line up!

The thing is, I believe Wacken get out of tickets really early, and the Hellfest lineup (like all other festivals) comes out pretty late.
I think most people who go to Wacken just get the tickets before the full line-up exists (perhaps just the main bands are confirmed) and then they just cross their fingers and hope the rest of the lineup will be good.

The thing is, I believe Wacken get out of tickets really early, and the Hellfest lineup (like all other festivals) comes out pretty late.
I think most people who go to Wacken just get the tickets before the full line-up exists (perhaps just the main bands are confirmed) and then they just cross their fingers and hope the rest of the lineup will be good.

That's true as well but i'll wait, only 2 bands confirmed! and off course im not going alone, so it also depends on whos going to wacken and hellfest!

also like i said before hopefully Ulver will be playing at either hellfest or wacken, if not i'll probably do wacken/ulver(whereever they're playing) or hellfest/ulver depends on the line up!

Ulver just announced a UK show!!! I'm so stoked that they're touring.

The price that comes up on Mataltix is 260 EUR or $370.00 dollars for two tickets. I imagine that will hit the $450.00 mark after fees and such. I have lots of friends still living in Germany. Would I save a lot if they bought me the tickets or is it the same price over there? I have no problem paying what it cost. Just want to make sure I am getting the best deal I can.

What HaloSlayer should have done was bought the digital ticket to this year's Wacken and watch the live streams of all the bands to get a sense of how it works and what kinds of bands play. I was actually thinking of doing it myself but I forgot.

Where did see Merciful Fate would be playing Hellfest? If King was going to be with them then I might actually consider going to it. Last I heard King Diamond hurt his back and was not performing indefinitely.

The price that comes up on Mataltix is 260 EUR or $370.00 dollars for two tickets. I imagine that will hit the $450.00 mark after fees and such. I have lots of friends still living in Germany. Would I save a lot if they bought me the tickets or is it the same price over there? I have no problem paying what it cost. Just want to make sure I am getting the best deal I can.

Price of the tickets will be the same, but you'll save a bunch on shipping I guess.

Where did see Merciful Fate would be playing Hellfest? If King was going to be with them then I might actually consider going to it. Last I heard King Diamond hurt his back and was not performing indefinitely.

Someone in the Summer Festivals thread mentioned it. It's only a rumor at this point, but in the Hellfest last.fm page there's talk of some sort of Fate/King gig at Hellfest next year so we'll see what happens. The fact is, Hellfest's lineup is vastly superior to Wacken, but at least you just now realize this.

Also King had back issues in 2007. He did a few songs with Metallica last summer at Ozzfest in Texas so obviously he's better by now.

Someone in the Summer Festivals thread mentioned it. It's only a rumor at this point, but in the Hellfest last.fm page there's talk of some sort of Fate/King gig at Hellfest next year so we'll see what happens. The fact is, Hellfest's lineup is vastly superior to Wacken, but at least you just now realize this.

Also King had back issues in 2007. He did a few songs with Metallica last summer at Ozzfest in Texas so obviously he's better by now.

Sorry bud but I'm still not going to judge two festivals I have never been to and say one is better than the other. I just think it would be worth it to see King and Merciful together again.

FYI, King lives in Texas so I would not say he is better because he did a drop in close to home. Doing a couple songs at a show you can drive to is not the same as playing a festival that is a 10 hour plane ride away. It's not like He lives in Denmark anymore.

Fair enough since I didn't know where he lives, but the assumption he impressed with his statement was that his back problem would eventually heal.

Anyways, as I said, the bands that play the festival should be your incentive to go, everything else being secondary. The bands that Wacken has been booking regularly tour to the point where friends of mine who once regularly made the trip stopped because it was simply cheaper to see these bands in a small club (and in some cases, it's way more fun to see the bands in that setting). But whatevs.