seo taiji, are there more bands out there who sound like this?

Jun 2, 2005
I find this guy/band quite interesting, yes.. this is from their korn rip-off period, but this guy made some pretty cool songs later on as well if you can stand the korean voice, and the weird music:

This sound though.. totally rocks my socks off, soooo heavy that guitar and bass combo, love it.

Some of their later work:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Ioh3O9QB4&feature=related[/ame]

they have epic intros as well.. anyone got more band like this? been digging x-japan as well for quite a while now, trying to find something more weird then them though... dir en grey is cool, moar like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been extremely bored of music like this for a long, long time.
Plus their stage movies are totally out dated.
That shit was awesome when Head and Munky did it 10 years ago. Then I hit puberty and realised it looked fucking retarded.

And it's nothing against their nationality, not their fault or anything, but not being able to even understand the lyrics doesn't help.
I see my like for a band as sorta like
chunks
slices of cake or something
drums, bass, guitar and vocals/lyrics count for one slice of cake each
and when one slice is eaten it means one part sucks or something
so the fact the lyrics are all in another language means that the band only have 3/4 of a cake to begin with
so that means that 3/4 of cake better be really motherfucking good cake.
and as it is this is pretty mediocre cake.

having said that, the 1st minute of that last video is fucking creepy as hell
the east has a much better grasp of what is scary than ANY western nation.

really high pitched scraping like in the shot of the woman drawing on that girder with the pencil fucks me up way more than any axe to the face or whatever

I don't know if you are looking for more korn ripoffs or asian bands. Here's some that i Like.

Maximum the hormone

Luna Sea (i'm sure you've heard of them)

Sex Machineguns

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Keith, and yeah.. more bands that sound like that last seo taiji song i posted is what i meant, love luna sea and maximize btw.

hahaha-laughed my ass off! That first maximum the hormone video, especially the "vocals" at 1:10!
Great Stuff-can't listen to stuff like that all the time, but it's so funny.

HOLY FUCK that Ultramania song sounds HUGE. The bass is insane.

Yes, i LOVE that sound.. music is pretty cool as well, but the guitars and bass combo is just insane, and they pull that off live as well.. imho, sounds better then korn, and they have a huge sound as well.

Yes, i LOVE that sound.. music is pretty cool as well, but the guitars and bass combo is just insane, and they pull that off live as well.. imho, sounds better then korn, and they have a huge sound as well.

agreed, sounds more dense than korn, not so loose. guitars are somewhat more saturated too and the bass distortion is different on the heavy parts.