Sepultura Thrash and Death albums

It may be a matter of opinion. Most old school dm, like Pestilence, Athiest, and Possessed, was very thrashy. Morbid Visions was definitley a death metal album, that is for certain, and most people would agree. However, I also consider Schizophrenia, Beneath The Remains, and Arise to be thrashy death metal. Chaos AD is definitley not death metal, and more thrash with a hardcore edge. Roots and their other albums from then on are somthing like heavy mallcore.

Yeah i think life sucks summed it up well there, i mean if you listen to morbid angel - altars of madness, in my view its very thrashy as well, so as life sucks said, morbid visions and also beastial devastation are old school death metal but everything after that was thrash metal then progessed onto other genres and imo took a turn for the worse since max left

Cool thread.... On my favourite band of all time :). Their sound went through a lot over the years. Morbid Visions is definately death metal there's no question about that. Schizophrenia is just really heavy thrash metal strongly similar to earlier Slayer. Beneath The Remains and Arise are just solid thrash metal. Chaos A.D is just groove-thrash. I just can't stand it when people call this album nu-metal and talk shit about this album. GRRRRR. It's tribal metal. Against and Nation aren't their best work but it has some really creative songs. Green brings hardcore into their tribal/metal sound.

I say MV/BD is death, Schizophrenia death/thrash, BTR thrash with a little death, Arise totally thrash with a little tribal, Chaos A.D. is a mix of thrash, hardcore, and tribal stylings, Roots is ultra-slow grind metal mixed with good nu-metal and loads of tribal stuff. Against is really poor hardcore, and Nation is Chaos A.D. with nu-metal instead of hardcore. I haven't heard Roorback yet, so can't say about that.

SepulNATION Forever, Motherfucker!