Serenity Now!!

Hey all, just wanted to get some shit off my chest.

I've had a year from hell. My baby Kitty Mina died(hit by a car) My aunt died (overdose at 35), my uncle died(cancer) I was in the hospital twice. Now that I'm healthy and healed (which I am very thankful for), and after dealing with all this death, I find myself questioning everything in my life. I'm 27. And I'm working at IBM as a data entry bitch (a job that is completely thankless). Still living in my parents basement (due to my trying to open up a metalshop here) The market is so technology based these days. People don't buy cds like they used to. I'm unhappy in Milwaukee, I went out to Seattle for Northwest Death Fest and going back there completely screwed my head up. I get mad at the metalscene here (that's a whole other thread). I just feel like all this is pointless. Like I should be going to some third world country and helping orphans or something. BLAH. BLAH. My head is a big jumbled mess. I lost my motivation toward my business, right now it's hanging on by a thread. I think I'm just going to move back to Seattle and start a band Anyway. I just had to vent for a minute. sitting here bored at work. I feel a bit better now.

Gosh I remember being a teenager. I mean I know I'm not that old, but you never end up where you think you are when you're young.

I was going to be a rockstar. Own my own label. It's like when you're a kid you can be happy doing anything, then the older you get the more innocence dissappears and you realize the real world is a bitch. I miss the days when all I worried about was what cd I was going to buy or which show was I going to go see. Or sneaking out of your parents house and hoping not to get caught.

You have to be an adult and work at a job you hate just to make enough money to support your unhappy existence.

Maybe I'll still try to be a rockstar/ Think I'm too old?

Nah, your not too old. I was doing it up til I was 35. That is about when I decided I needed a change. Especially with my career choice. Plus my family. Mostly the change was given to me and also the opportunity to go to school and become a graphic designer. yet, that has not taken place really yet. I got the degree, aquiring the job is another task. So i just freelance from my home until I gain experience. All of my old band mates still jam, when they can and find others that are into it. But, you are definatly not too old.

Every time I want to buy a cd or go to a show I usually don't have the funds. And that sucks, I have missed NEVERMORE the last 5 times they have come through here. I live near Seattle! Anywho, I knid of know how you feel, even though I am older.

We can all dream, until reality kicks us in the face.