Serenity Painted Death, Moonlapse Vertigo, or Bleak

Which is your fav?

• Total voters
Saber Rider said:
Blackwater Park > The Drapery falls > Bleak > Harvest > Dirge for November > The funeral portrait > The Leper affinity > Patterns in the Ivy

wrong

Trey Parker said:
still life slaughters all whom dare cross its ravenous path

correct

People, this is how it goes down.

The Moor > Serenity Painted Death > Godhead's Lament > Moonlapse Vertigo > Face of Melinda > White Cluster > Benighted

The Leper Affinity > Blackwater Park > Dirge For November > The Funeral Portrait > The Drapery Falls > Bleak > Harvest > Patterns In The Ivy

Still Life > BWP

T3hLep4rAffinity said:
People, this is how it goes down.

The Moor > Serenity Painted Death > Godhead's Lament > Moonlapse Vertigo > Face of Melinda > White Cluster > Benighted

The Leper Affinity > Blackwater Park > Dirge For November > The Funeral Portrait > The Drapery Falls > Bleak > Harvest > Patterns In The Ivy

Still Life > BWP
Actually like this:
Still Life < BWP
Just had to fix the < sign other than that it looked good. Sorry to be an asshole I just like playin wit chyalls!!

No, it's fucking not.
It's just simply a matter of taste. That's all.

If you prefer a crappy sound, take Still Life.
If you rather like a great sound and Steve Wilson, take BWP.

Still life, has far superior song writing and technicality to Bwp imo. Its my favourite Opeth album.

On another note im off to bed, im tired and when i get tired i want to rant, and this thread doesnt need my rant about why still life is great.

What do you mean by saying 'superior'? You mean like 'more complex'?
What's the use of 'more complex' if it doesn't fit?
Using oh so complex song structures and finger killing chords are absolutely nothing when it sounds bad.

The worst song on Still Life is better than the best song on BWP. Still Life is a deity in musical form.

Saber Rider said:
What do you mean by saying 'superior'? You mean like 'more complex'?
What's the use of 'more complex' if it doesn't fit?
Using oh so complex song structures and finger killing chords are absolutely nothing when it sounds bad.

Saber Rider - 0
Everyone else - 1

Yeah I do to, for this reason.

I feel the complexity of Still Life really fits the songs and the story. The classical sounding accoutic part in the moor, is so beautiful and fits with the love and the complex riffs in White Cluster go with the dissalusionment and emotions Jack Frober would be feeling as he is about to be hung.

BWP is a collection of songs strung together by dissalusionment with the human race, SL is a concept album based around love. Still life, Still Death.

Saber Rider said:
No, it's fucking not.
It's just simply a matter of taste. That's all.

If you prefer a crappy sound, take Still Life.
If you rather like a great sound and Steve Wilson, take BWP.
Yes, I am a big Porcupine Tree fan. Yes, I know that Steven Wilson did the production on BWP. So in all BWP has a great sound, and it was produced by a musical genius. Much agreed Saber Rider. :D

It seems that in this forum Still Life is considered to be the best by most people. However, on other sites like Amazon.com if you look at the opinions in the album reviews you will see many people thought Morningrise or BWP were the best. That is a larger majority. I know it is a silly point and juvenile for me to be going on like this, but I am trying to say that no album is better than the other, just a matter of personal taste. This forum overall likes Still Life, others (larger) places like BWP. Thank you and good bye.

BWP came out and made Opeth bigger, so it is regarded as a better/or best album. Sill Life is their best release because of the music. Jon Snow is right. Sill Life is much better than BWP becuase their are many "weak" songs on BWP wheras there are no weak songs on Still Life.