Serenity

I wasn't expecting that much from Serenity, and with the energy Amaranthe brought to the stage before them, I was a little worried for them....boy was I wrong. Serenity brought it BIG TIME....definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me, along with Pretty Maids, Symphony X and Mystic Prophecy.

Serenity was the best and Friday:Spin:. And SX was the best on Saturday:devil:. Overall, I think that I would give the edge to Serenity. When speaking with them, their were totally overwhelmed by the reception at PP. Georg and Thomas siad that there are plans underrwaY to tour the US next year.

Serenity was the band this year that had flown completely under my radar…but then absolutely kicked my ass! Great set, super tight vocal harmonies. Love, love, love!

When I went to PPIV, I owned a couple Vanden Plas cd's, which I thought were good, but I didn't expect too much from them live.....they absolutely kicked my ass. Serenity did the same for me this year....I had bought their first cd and thought they were decent, but I wasn't prepared for what they brought to the stage. They were absolutely awesome.

Serenity was the highlight of the weekend. Incredible show, and great guys too. They need to come back here; a U.S. tour would be great!

Fingers crossed that maybe they'll return next year for Thursday's preshow. Hmm, maybe a Serenity and Freak Kitchen co-headline show. Or with Haken or Vangough.

"SERENITY wants to inform you that we had to cancel all shows for Nov/Dec 2012 in the Netherlands as support to the dutch band DELAIN.

Please believe us that this was a really hard decision for all of us as there is no worse case scenario than cancelling a show.

But to keep close to our tight time schedule for the upcoming album there - disappointingly - was no other way as release dates are already fixed. More on that very soon...

In conjunction with the release of the next album we will tour all over Europe again. PROMISED... Also therefor a lot of dates are already fixed and we will release all info as soon as ALL DATES are fixed.

We know that a lot of people have been looking forward to our shows with DELAIN. We will do everything to give you a new chance to see us. So please keep close to our website and our facebook channel as we announce tourdates for 2013 in the coming months...

YOURS, SERENITY"

EDIT: The first show of Delain's tour is tomorrow in Montpellier, France, btw

So, are you saying they canceled one day before the tour started...?
It sounds like they were only playing on part of the tour, beginning in November...a quick search for what dates they were actually playing didn't turn up any results, but I don't think they were slated to start the tour tomorrow. Still kinda sucks to cancel, but it's not of the "Hey, so about that show we were supposed to do tomorrow..." variety.

It sounds like they were only playing on part of the tour, beginning in November...a quick search for what dates they were actually playing didn't turn up any results, but I don't think they were slated to start the tour tomorrow. Still kinda sucks to cancel, but it's not of the "Hey, so about that show we were supposed to do tomorrow..." variety.

I see. Hmm.. you may be right. I'm certain Delain kicks off the tour tomorrow though.

This tour poster (uploaded Oct. 3) on Delain's facebook lists "69 Chambers" and "Senorita Nocte" as the support acts. I stand corrected.. it doesn't appear that Serenity cancelled one day before.

552756_10151432229919535_691492715_n.jpg

I'm glad to hear it wasn't such a shitty stunt, because I have huge admiration for this band. Any cancellation sucks, though.

I believe the affected dates were only in the Netherlands and are as follows:

Nov 1st
Nov 9th
Nov 30th
Dec 1st
Dec 14th