Seriously people...

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage

...what in the FUCK do you see in Chaos AD? It's SHIT. It's like 45 minutes of E POWER CHORD *pause* E POWER CHORD *pause* F POWER CHORD *pause* E POWER CHORD *pause* GROOVE GROOVE - NO RIFFS - SHITTY FUCKING PUNK INTERLUDE - POINTLESS SOLO - GROOVE GROOVE - TOUGH GUY SCREAMS - CHUG CHUG CHUG COCK CHUGGING FAGGOT "RIFF". Is it some sort of nostalgia because you were around when it was released or something? It certainly can't because you ACTUALLY think it's a GOOD ALBUM, because it has zero fucking musical value. DARE to say you like this and then complain about Pale Folklore and Brave Murder Day and I will laugh in your face. Over the Interweb.

my take on this album is that it is the EXACT starting point of jumpdafuckup stuff ... Korn, Limp, etc. .... all got their inspiration off this disc.

I like this ok enough, i don't think it's fan-fucking-tastic or anything though.

Is it some sort of nostalgia because you were around when it was released or something?

There seems to be a lot of bickering towards metal heads above the age of twenty one on these boards as of late. :p

EDIT: I can't stand it, by the way.

well NAd is no metalhead ... so I can understand :loco:

and JK, I can't say anything bad about as he is the boss here ... that yellow camel riding indiana jones extra :loco:

I'm just trying to find irrational reasons for liking this, when none based in reason and logic (such as "hey guys, this is a really good album because the music is great!") are apparent. :p

Well we're at it...

lame2zs.jpg

I won't waste my time listening to any Annihilator after "Never, Neverland" so I wouldn't know... Though I will admit to liking "Set the World on Fire", the song.

I haven't listened to any Sepultura in a long ass time but i think BTR and Arise are both better than this one plus i saw them on the world tour for Chaos A.D. with Fudge Tunnel, Clutch and Fear Factory. was a damn good show.

just thinking about your comment about the "previously good bands analy raped by commercial interests"

I don't think Sepultura went commercial with Chaos AD, they started implementing more Brazilian native elements and let's not forget that the sound they created with that disc at the time was actually ALL ORIGINAL. It was hardly done for commercial reasons, me thinks. So I can understand people liking it.

Of course for people that followed their career from the start it was like ... WTF?

They totally dumbed down their music. Yes, they were pretty original (immortal quote on "Roots" by UltraBoris: "It's the equivalent of shitting on the ceiling. Sure, it's different, and takes some effort, but in the end, it's just shit all the same.") but they changed to a decidedly more commercial style. It doesn't take a lot to realize that DUHDUH-DUHDUH-DUHDUH groove riffing and simplistic shouted lyrics is going to be far more appealing to the MTV teenage angst crowd than real thrash metal with 40 awesome riffs like "From the Past Comes the Storms". Like with Metallica, they got the taste of commercial "success" with the last good album receiving some airplay on mainstream radio and MTV (videos for "One" vs. "Arise") and then -- I have no doubt -- they decided to consciously alter their sound to be more accessible.

Sepultura changed always ... always had very different sounds from release to release.
Only BTR and Arise sound somewhat similar to me.

And to be honest, after Arise, which I personally think was already a weak record and I could hear them bored and uninspired on ... Chaos AD was somewhat fresh. They certainly came across as rejuvenated on it.

It's all the stuff after Max left I fell is forced and somewhat by the numbers ... although they still have a huge core following.

This thread = Gay and Lying.

I started listening to Sepultura a bit after Arise was released, and when Chaos A.D. came out I was floored. The riffs are great, the guitar solos are awesome, the emotion is extremely high, the mood kicks ass, fucking EVERYTHING about this album is UNRULY. It's in my top 5 metal album list, definitely. There is a lot of nostalgia certainly, but even if not I know I would highly enjoy this album, seeing how it rules and all. :)

I don't really understand the younger generation's disdain toward heavy riffs, unless of course it comes from a doom band. Like calling Viva Emptiness nu-metal, WTF?! Dudes it's perfectly okay to have simple and heavy riffs, don't let the easily washed out stain of nu-metal cloud your enjoyment level of such things.