Sessions

daz436

Konfused
Feb 13, 2006
Hi lads, I've read this forum alot since it was brought back up and I've been an Opeth fan a good few years now, with Still Life introducing me to them...

Anyways I just decided to register because I would really like to get my hands on a copy of the newly re-recorded version of When, recorded in the BBC sessions... someone did kindly upload it a while ago but unfortunately the link has expired. I've been searching for a while now to try and get hold of a copy but I can't at all and its rather frustrating. If anyone is able to help me out with a link or send it over email or some form of instant messenger then I would be very greatful. If not then, that's no problem and thankyou for your time, I intend to get myself involved in this forum community anyway! :)

ok, any idea of its release date?

and.. have I just blatantly ripped off someones name without realising or something? cos I dont get it.. lol

Release is end of march. Sort of 27th or something. Just wait - I also only have the SoF cover from the sessions.
Yes...there's someone called waz...on the board...yeah...he's cool...PEAC EOUT!

okay thanks dude, and yeah just checked members list for that guy.. sorry lol they just happened to be 3 random numbers I chose when registering and daz happens to be my name lol.. ah well

lol hi haze :D roar etc.

i wasnt really intending on buying the SE mainly because its a typical roadrunner ploy to get more money by slapping a few extra tracks onto the same album.. but looks like im gonna end up doin it now anyways

daz436 said:
i wasnt really intending on buying the SE mainly because its a typical roadrunner ploy to get more money by slapping a few extra tracks onto the same album.. but looks like im gonna end up doin it now anyways

Welcome. Now quit whining and present your offering at the alter of the Ålmighty. :cool:

Out.:devil:

I've heard about these opeth BBC sessions, but not much. is it a full concert? bootleg? I don't believe it's official, since I haven't seen it for sale anywhere. I find it interesting, since practically every band who's ever done BBC sessions, led zeppelin especially, all their performances have been fantastic.

Hey,

I preffer the original version of When. The newly-done one just sounds like it was all tacked together in one live take. There's mistakes on the solos, there isn't as much depth to the recording as you'd expect on a studio release... and of course the drumming isn't that good coz our long lost latino friend isn't hitting em.

Moonlapse said:
Hey,

I preffer the original version of When. The newly-done one just sounds like it was all tacked together in one live take. There's mistakes on the solos, there isn't as much depth to the recording as you'd expect on a studio release... and of course the drumming isn't that good coz our long lost latino friend isn't hitting em.

And the drapery fell :erk:

I was slightly disappointed in the newer version too. Is it just me or did they change some of the chords? It sounds a bit different anyways.