setlist for new tour

saw that on every show so far, great song, no doubt. but I like to see the others more!!!

Lucky bastards that get to see Amon Amarth often.

This will be my first chance to see them. I likely won't get another chance for a couple years as the trip to Vancouver is expensive and I've had to use a couple favours to get the days off work, as has my wife, and to get someone to watch our kids over night on a school night, etc.

Unless, of course, the band could be persuaded to start playing a show on Vancouver Island when they come this way. Maybe Victoria or Nanaimo...

Ensiferum had "Ad Victoriam" as their intro and then went right into "Blood is the Price of Glory"

Lucky bastards that get to see Amon Amarth often.

This will be my first chance to see them. I likely won't get another chance for a couple years as the trip to Vancouver is expensive and I've had to use a couple favours to get the days off work, as has my wife, and to get someone to watch our kids over night on a school night, etc.

Unless, of course, the band could be persuaded to start playing a show on Vancouver Island when they come this way. Maybe Victoria or Nanaimo...

I'm in the semi same/semi opposite scenario. Valhall Awaits Me is one of my favourite songs, and I'm a vancouverite myself, haha. I hope they play it here, but I saw them on the Wrath of the Norsemen tour last december where I saw it, so it's all good...

No journey from the island for me though, and I don't have a wife. In fact, I'm 16.

Or you could move to southwestern Vinland.

By the way, the Vancouver/Victoria area is awesome. I went there two summers ago for 3 days before going on a cruise to the fjords of Alaska.

Or you could move to southwestern Vinland.

Even if Amon Amarth were to quit touring and become the house band at the neighbourhood pub in a perfect little city somewhere close by, you could not convince me to move off of Vancouver Island. I tried once. I lasted eight months before I couldn't stand it any more and moved back.

And no, Gazza, not Australia.:Smug: Named for the same rather pudgy queen, though.

the Los Angeles set was 2 songs shorter than Anaheim

01. Twilight of the Thunder God
02. Free Will Sacrifice
03. Asator
04. North Sea Storm
05. Where Silent Guards Stand Guard
06. Guardians of Asgaard
07. Runes to My Memory
08. Amon Amarth
09. Death in Fire
10. Where Is Your God?
11. Gods of War Arise
-------
Encore:
12. Cry of the Black Birds
13. The Pursuit of Vikings

[/I]

At the SF show last night they played Valhall Awaits me instead of Gods of War Arise. Other than that I think the setlist was the same (but a different order)

BAHH!! What shitty setlist except for TTOTG, Free Will, North Sea, and Where Silent. I know they gotta promote the new album but play the better songs off of it like Live for the Kill, Embrace, Varyags. and Tattered Banners (which some of you got to witness the first night). Really pissin me off how Pursuit is last. This is an Americanized setlist geared to new fans. They need to come back and do a bochum like thing here for their old fans. I really can give a flyin fuck if it makes them money. PEOPLE WILL STILL COME OUT TO SEE THEM PLAY OLD SHIT! I reiterate. Pursuit of Vikings is not their best song ever (if your between the ages of 13-16 some of you obviously think it is)

BAHH!! What shitty setlist except for TTOTG, Free Will, North Sea, and Where Silent. I know they gotta promote the new album but play the better songs off of it like Live for the Kill, Embrace, Varyags. and Tattered Banners (which some of you got to witness the first night). Really pissin me off how Pursuit is last. This is an Americanized setlist geared to new fans. They need to come back and do a bochum like thing here for their old fans. I really can give a flyin fuck if it makes them money. PEOPLE WILL STILL COME OUT TO SEE THEM PLAY OLD SHIT! I reiterate. Pursuit of Vikings is not their best song ever (if your between the ages of 13-16 some of you obviously think it is)

I agree, Pursuit of Viking is not their best........... what happened to the old AA finishing every set with Victorious March........... keep the tradition going......... shit........... pissed now :mad:

I agree, Pursuit of Viking is not their best........... what happened to the old AA finishing every set with Victorious March........... keep the tradition going......... shit........... pissed now :mad:

I wish they ended with that at Anaheim instead of Pursuit... I would have also liked to see A Fury Divine, Thousand Years of Oppression, Live for the Kill, Varyags, and Prediction of Warfare. I'm glad they played Amon Amarth and North Sea Storm though. Another song that I think would be epic when played live is The Dragon's Flight Across The Waves.

I really only went to see AA anyway. I've also heard that the Anaheim show was better than the others so far.

yeah the only two bands i went for were AA and Ensiferum so we got lucky hahaha, the other 2 would have been cool cause the Absence has a some cool songs so does Belphagor, but eh we got a longer set hahaha

yeah the only two bands i went for were AA and Ensiferum so we got lucky hahaha, the other 2 would have been cool cause the Absence has a some cool songs so does Belphagor, but eh we got a longer set hahaha

You didn't miss anything by not seeing Belphegor, at least in SF the sound completely sucked and I couldn't hear their guitars at all.

The Absence was pretty good though.:kickass: