SETLIST

brownden said:
wow thats a pretty wicked setlist. i honestly couldn't come up with a better one really.

I'v seen Opeth 4 times live and I think this is the worst set list they came up with comparing to other ones... yet I'll be seeing them 3 times next month, can't wait :headbang:

How late do these shows go until?? Im tryin to figure out if its worth tryin to drive 5 hours home, or just stay in kentucky for the night

I would be happy if they played this setlist in Cincinnati on Sunday, but then again, I'll be happy with any Opeth setlist.

SPLASTiK said:
So the Chronology Setlist?

Under The Weeping Moon

When
Demon Of The Fall

Face Of Melinda
White Cluster

The Drapery Falls
Blackwater Park

Deliverance
A Fair Judgement (on setlist but not played)

In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
Closure

The Grand Conjuration
The Baying Of The Hounds
-----
Combination of the Sweden radio show last week and the first US Show...
But what from Morningrise? And will we hear more from Orchid?

That's 1 hour and 58 minutes of playing time with the above, they announced the Chronology shows would be over 2 hours and I'd expect they'd probably play up to 3 more songs if they were to play 2+ off every album and that's the actual set which wouldn't suprise me. But a minimum of at least one more since nothing from Morningrise.

Where did you get this information? Or are you just assuming based on that radio show and the setlist from last night?

Dark One said:
Where did you get this information? Or are you just assuming based on that radio show and the setlist from last night?

I'm assuming naturally, based on those two shows. It wouldn't make sense if they played something completely different as they obviously have been practicing those songs for the tour as they just performed them in their last two shows and it's not Lopez drumming so Axe has to learn the songs from scratch. I'd bet money the setlist will be that plus a couple extra songs.

I didn't realize the Radio show wasn't from last week though, but I'd still bet it's pretty similar.

lol if you think that will be the chrono set list
there isn't any morningrise songs, and they are going to play 4 songs never before played in america, and others that havn't been played in years (black rose immortal or twilight is my robe i bet...)

a rofl nazi said:
lol if you think that will be the chrono set list
there isn't any morningrise songs, and they are going to play 4 songs never before played in america, and others that havn't been played in years (black rose immortal or twilight is my robe i bet...)

Well I mentioned "What songs will be from morningrise?"

4 songs never played in America... I did say there'd probably be 3 more if not more :p Under Weeping Moon hasn't been played in the USA I think.
And a few of the songs I listed haven't been played in the US in years... Though I didn't realize that Sweden show was from last year, I thought it was a warmup gig :p So maybe they have a few tricks up their sleeves.

a rofl nazi said:
also, they played weepin moon last night

had they played that in the US before that though? I'm guessing they'll play Twilight as well.
From morningrise? Black Rose Immortal would be cool and I hope they do it but i'd really like to see Night and the Silent Water, though i rememeber hearing Michael said they'd never play that live.

The setlist from the Norfolk show (2/16) was something like this (sorry, this is from memory and not from an actual setlist, so it's probably not right on):

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
Baying of the Hounds
The Amen Corner
Under the Weeping Moon
Closure
Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
(encore)Deliverance