SETLIST

A_Tossed_Dwarf said:
The setlist from the Norfolk show (2/16) was something like this (sorry, this is from memory and not from an actual setlist, so it's probably not right on):

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
Baying of the Hounds
The Amen Corner
Under the Weeping Moon
Closure
Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
(encore)Deliverance

The Amen Corner?? Hot damn.

wankerness said:
If they actually played the amen corner that's AWESOME. Too bad for the first ever show without demon of the fall though ;_;
Not first ever. I remember hearing about how on a recent tour they didnt play DotF because of time constraints.

Anyway, they need to play Amen Corner and DotF back-to-back. That would be amazing.

Wha? No Lopez?

Fuck I cant wait til theyre in Sydney, if the setlist is based on that then its going to be fucking amazing. if the setlist is completely different, its also going to be fucking awesome. :hotjump:

martyrs_price said:
Holy shit atrocity, where are you going to see them all of those times?

March 13th: San Diego (yess!!)
14th LA Chronology set :headbang:
15th Arizona

oh.. Amen Corner. hahah if they play that, that song alone worths seeing them :headbang:

Indrid Cold said:
The Amen Corner? Well that's being thrown for a loop....you sure that's accurate?
Yup. All of the hardcore fans up front went nuts when he said the title right before they went into it. Of course, he said it in his own style: "We haven't played this song live in...well...I don't think we've ever played it live. It's very obscure. Hopefully, you like it. This is off of a record called My Arms, Your Hearse, and it's called The Amen Corner."

Equally hilarious was his introduction of Under the Weeping Moon: "This is a very old song, and it probably sounds very awful. You might think, in the middle of the song, 'What the fuck is this? This is terrible!' But here it is...it's off that cd with...with the little flower on it. And you'll probably think it sounds like shit. Probably."

Hahaha, man that is funny. And I am REALLY REALLY HOPING they play the amen corner when I see them! Though it will be after a chronology show or two so maybe they can throw in whichever song from Morningrise they do on there...

I'll be seeing them Feb 25th in R.I. Being this will be my fifth time seeing them live, there is only one song I MUST see, Ghost of Perdition. And since it "appears" they'll be playing it, that will make me quite happy.

lucifer1126 said:
for those who has already seen the Opeth shows, what merchandise did they have for sell? and how much are they?

Who fucking cares man?!

WHITE CLUSTER LIVE

>>erm..sorry if you dont care, but collectors care..and at least i do.<<

Hooded sweatshirts ( Ghost reveries logo on back and real nice Opeth embroidered Insignia on front upper left breast)$55
T-shirts (GR and Still life) $30
Wristbands $10
Belt buckle $20
They had other things but I did not commit them to memory. (This was last night in Towson, BTW.)

thank you LouMinotti

goodness gracious...why is Opeth charging so much for their merch now. $30 for a GR shirt when u can get it online for $16? ...shit. the only think i like is that hoodie, but...$55 is too much.

MetalManCPA said:
I'll be seeing them Feb 25th in R.I. Being this will be my fifth time seeing them live, there is only one song I MUST see, Ghost of Perdition. And since it "appears" they'll be playing it, that will make me quite happy.

It was their opening song in Towson last night. It was good but would have been better with Lopez. When you commit every note and nuance of that song (and every other) to memory, you have a tendency to be overly critical when it is performed by a substitute drummer. But that's just me. I was grateful to hear it since they didn't play it back in November in VA. This was my third time seeing them, the first at 9:30 Club in DC for their Delivernce/Damnation tour with Lopez in fine form. The technical ability and style of Lopez cannot be overstated.