Share Local Bands Thread :)

Raumien

Pepsi Fiend
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
Got some links to some cool local bands with demos and stuff? I do and I'd like to share, so please post any that you have, they are so fun to listen to!

http://musicv2.com/artist/deformedbydarkness

Deformed By Darkness. I've seen them practice a few times and I know their guitarist and drummer somewhat. I think this band will be really good after they develop their sound a little more.

I know of another band that I'd like to share with you guys, Harsh Manner, but I can't find links to their songs and too lazy to put them on an ftp right now. :p

Hmm, they seem to be doing some remodling, but I'll try to keep the site in mind and check it out later. Thanks a lot man. :)

Abou said:
Yeah, but Five Pointe O has been so chopped up, I do not think that they can even be recognized under the same name.

Yeah, that's true. I haven't been to their site in ages, I was assuming that they would have had the site back up by now. One of the guitarists, and the lead singer left the band early in 2003 (the band had just been signed to Roadrunner a year earlier). Yeah, they're nu-metal, but they're pretty good nu-metal. I'm biased of course, but still. I think they're worth checkng out.

Hmmm, well could anyone recommend alternate sources to acquire some of their material? Good Nu mEtal sure sounds interesting, I'd like to give it a listen.

Raumien said:
Hmmm, well could anyone recommend alternate sources to acquire some of their material? Good Nu mEtal sure sounds interesting, I'd like to give it a listen.

I have their CD. You can get it from on the UM Hub. Or I can send it to you via AIM (I, personally, have not seen the CD for sale outside the Chicago area in stores. Unless you want to get it from amazon or Roadrunner's store, you probably won't be able to find in a store.)

all my favorite local bands have since died. but ill list some that are good.

dead eyed stare
world of lies
kuru
severed savior
exhumed
dead syndicate
sick of god

and i have to plug my band. IN SHADOW www.mp3.com/in_shadow
~gR~

E6V6I6L said:
www.powerslave.com

it's a site with a shitload of local bands. there are some pretty good metal ones on there.
i spend alot of mine time here. 23k+ posts on there haha. there are a TON of bands from the northern california on there. and there is somthing for everyone. although more for the mallcore people heheh
~gR~

genocide roach said:
and i have to plug my band. IN SHADOW www.mp3.com/in_shadow
~gR~

I took a listen to your band, and I must say that I'm impressed! The main riff is really cool, and I like your death metal/thrash metal mixture - the production is also rather good. The vocals are cool, ranging from the typical death metal grunt to a more sneering, evil voice. Great stuff!

henrikmain said:
I took a listen to your band, and I must say that I'm impressed! The main riff is really cool, and I like your death metal/thrash metal mixture - the production is also rather good. The vocals are cool, ranging from the typical death metal grunt to a more sneering, evil voice. Great stuff!

I agree, keep it up GR!

thanks alot. the other 2 songs should be up there soon. mp3.com is really slow. so check back in a week or 2.
~gR~