shes so heeaaavvvyyyy

Disgustipated

Cynical.
Sep 22, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I was in my german class, and my german/history teacher just happens to be a metalhead.. anyhoo.. he was playing some coroner, and their cover of the beatles' i want you (she's so heavy) came on.. i recognised the outro (i hadn't actually heard the original song before) and i recognised it from an opeth song. i really couldnt be fuked going through every song, but it doesnt matter cos im pretty sure it was off damnation. i came to the conclusion that it must have been closure.. i think.. now ive closed winamp and i cant remember..

anyway.. interesting story.

amazing,,, kinda same thing happened to me yesterday in college,,, i was chatting with my embryology professor ( she's around 40, married, and has kids ) and we started talking about music, i told her that i like listenening to metal and suddenly she mentions that shes a huge metal head and that shes madly in love with oldshcool stuff, (esp kiss) and that shes learning to play on her son's bass guitar !!!

somehow i have a feeling im gonna ace the embryology test !!

A. Iverson said:
amazing,,, kinda same thing happened to me yesterday in college,,, i was chatting with my embryology professor ( she's around 40, married, and has kids ) and we started talking about music, i told her that i like listenening to metal and suddenly she mentions that shes a huge metal head and that shes madly in love with oldshcool stuff, (esp kiss) and that shes learning to play on her son's bass guitar !!!

somehow i have a feeling im gonna ace the embryology test !!

Quite the contradiction. She listens to metal, but also listens to Kiss.

Thats awesome! Ive got a german teacher thats into old school metal, he is great. He likes Judas, Sabbath, Maiden, and even Morbid A. But I should have known, he is german after all..

My biology-teacher listens to Kreator, Sepultura and stuff.:headbang:

To be honest: He's a bit weird...;) but I hope he'll show mercy when I'm about to screw up the tests...:loco:

Wait. Back up. "She's So Heavy" outro in a Opeth song? Off of Damnation? Hmmm.... lots of stuff sounds sort of reminscent, but I'll be damned (heh heh) if I can find a moment that seems to actually quote that riff. I've always thought that was one of the Beatles' heaviest moments (fitting I suppose). Helter Skelter is pretty sick, too.

Didn't know Coroner covered it. Cool.