Shit Setlist

tomass74

Apr 4, 2005
I think it was fucking awful and I hope it gets better before my show...

They are headlining and only playing 12 songs? Great to represent the new album but 5 out of 12 songs??? That is almost half of the set. The album is good but not that good.. In The End sounds like a piss break. Only sucks..

Either they need to play more songs or only play 2 or 3 from the new album..

I haven't seen these guys since the SOWN tour and this would be a bummer of a set. I am also going with a few people that used to be into the band back in the day and no doubt they are gonna want to see the classics. Die Hards here might be sick of songs like "Got The Time" but the majority of the crowd are not posters on this board and from what I can tell the crowd always seems into it.. I personally am hoping to see "Got the time" and definately NFL!!! NFL would be worth the price of admission for me.

This part of the set just seems like a momentum killer.

I'm Alive
Only
In the End

If you are only playing 12 songs then you cannot afford a momentum killer. swap out 2 of those with 2 of these

Be All End All
Got The Time
NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm the Man or Bring The Noise
Belly Of The Beast

Who knows, maybe the setlist isn't accurate. I mean if they played 1hr 40 min they must have played more songs.

Missing Classics
Be All End All
Got The Time
Belly Of The Beast

I know other people didn't like the setlist for different reasons but this is just my view. I almost might do something else with my Friday night.

Couldn't agree more!! I'm going to the Worcester show too and may try to get my buddies to leave after Testament (Who I am actually more excited to see!) I don't like WM at all!! (No offense to those of you who think it's great, it's only my opinion)

I think it was fucking awful and I hope it gets better before my show...

They are headling and only playing 12 songs? Great to represent the new album but 5 out of 12 songs??? That is almost half of the set. The album is good but not that good.. In The End sounds like a piss break. Only sucks..

Either they need to play more songs or only play 2 or 3 from the new album..

I haven't seen these guys since the SOWN tour and this would be a bummer of a set. I am also going with a few people that used to be into the band back in the day and no doubt they are gonna want to see the classics. Die Hards here might be sick of songs like "Got The Time" but the majority of the crowd are not posters on this board and from what I can tell the crowd always seems into it.. I personally am hoping to see "Got the time" and definately NFL!!! NFL would be worth the price of admission for me.

This part of the set just seems like a momentum killer.

I'm Alive
Only
In the End

If you are only playing 12 songs then you cannot afford a momentum killer. swap out 2 of those with 2 of these

Be All End All
Got The Time
Belly Of The Beast

Who knows, maybe the setlist isn't accurate. I mean if they played 1hr 40 min they must have played more songs.

Missing Classics
Be All End All
Got The Time
Belly Of The Beast

I know other people didn't like the setlist for different reasons but this is just my view. I almost might do something else with my Friday night.

Couldn't agree more!! I'm going to the Worcester show too and may try to get my buddies to leave after Testament (Who I am actually more excited to see!) I don't like WM at all!! (No offense to those of you who think it's great, it's only my opinion)

Well, it was only the first show. Maybe it will get better before Nov 11th... Hope so..

They're promoting a new album, of course the set is going to rely heavily on Worship Music tracks. I think it's a nice, balanced setlist. Some older tracks for the fans of the 80's stuff, one Bush song for his fans, and Worship Music tracks for the die-hard fans and newer fans who are just discovering Anthrax.

They played Got the Time and Be All End All all last year.

I also can't believe people are complaining about In the End being played

They played Got the Time and Be All End All all last year.

I also can't believe people are complaining about In the End being played

I can't believe people are even complaining at all. I mean jeez they performed 5 songs from WM and they are still whining? I enjoy Anthrax no matter what they choose for their setlist.

5 songs from a new album that has been successful and popular for the band sounds about right to me. Even though I'm not as big of a WM fan as others, the 5 they chose are probably the obvious choices. I'm Alive seems to be a favorite amongst WM fans, so that should be in there.

And they played AIR on tour last fall.

Pretty much ITT: Complaining Anthrax always plays the same songs, and complaining that they remove some of those songs and play songs from the new album which the tour is for

OK i know many ppl like the very old stuff but hey, anthrax playing 6 years along always the same old stuff, like indians, NFL, caught in a mosh etc.
belladonna dont like sing that bush area songs.

i want to see some new song and fresh song setlist

I think we are jumping to conclusions way too early. 12 songs in 100mins going by the time that band went on until they finished? The BIG 4 shows they had an hour and played ten songs. You telling me they could only fit another 2 songs in 40 mins LOL. I think the original reviewer forgot a few tracks for sure. Usually Anthrax play about 90 mins when headlining and you get at least 16 songs min. When we see an official set list, then we can say what we want.

I think we are jumping to conclusions way too early. 12 songs in 100mins going by the time that band went on until they finished? The BIG 4 shows they had an hour and played ten songs. You telling me they could only fit another 2 songs in 40 mins LOL. I think the original reviewer forgot a few tracks for sure. Usually Anthrax play about 90 mins when headlining and you get at least 16 songs min. When we see an official set list, then we can say what we want.

The original poster is correct other than they didn't play as long as he said. They only played for about an hour

Here is the setlist for you shitmosher

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/anthrax/2011/orbit-room-grand-rapids-mi-5bd05f70.html

Now I guess you can say what you want. Why would the OP lie about the setlist?

Who said anything about lying? He said "forgot", which is not implausible when the OP himself (who is in another thread, BTW), wasn't 100% sure:

Just got in from the show, typing what I can remember, damn good night.
Likely that the order isn't exact, but pretty darn close, and don't think I missed any.

They did go on late the first night due to extra setup time - being the first night of the tour - so they will likely play more songs at later stops. I will find out in Minneapolis tomorrow if that's the case.

The original poster is correct other than they didn't play as long as he said. They only played for about an hour

Here is the setlist for you shitmosher

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/anthrax/2011/orbit-room-grand-rapids-mi-5bd05f70.html

Now I guess you can say what you want. Why would the OP lie about the setlist?

WTF??? I said nothing about lying. I just read that they played an hour, If I knew that from the start, then playing 12 songs is a great effort. Trying to start an argument with me when you didn't really read or understand what I said makes you look bad. Have a nice day. You are so clever.

The second setlist was a little better but not much.. Good to see they added another good song atleast.. Still way too short of a setlist though.. 5 songs off the new album is still way too many and it is a SIN that NFL isn't being played..

Still not so sure about making the trip anymore.. I am pretty much just going to see Anthrax and I dunno if a 1 hour set is worth it..

I am pretty sure I saw Charlie say somewhere that it was their tour and they would be playing a full set.. Very misleading..

I am pretty sure I saw Charlie say somewhere that it was their tour and they would be playing a full set.. Very misleading..

Well maybe this is their idea of a full set after doing so many tours where they had time for only 6 or 7 songs. The NYC secret show at Best Buy Theater, didn't they only play like 11 songs? It sucks, I know, but maybe these guys are just getting old. Who knows. Hopefully they keep extending the set a little bit as the tour goes on.

The second setlist was a little better but not much.. Good to see they added another good song atleast.. Still way too short of a setlist though.. 5 songs off the new album is still way too many and it is a SIN that NFL isn't being played..

Still not so sure about making the trip anymore.. I am pretty much just going to see Anthrax and I dunno if a 1 hour set is worth it..

Last time I saw Joey solo, he also explicitly stated that it's an Anthrax headlining tour, NOT a co-headline tour as everyone was seeming to think.

This setlist is, what, maybe an hour and 15 minutes?

a ihr set with just 12 songs is shite, maiden are a lot older than these guys and they do 17 to 18 songs every show and most of these are 6-7 mins plus songs, i certainly wont go to see this 1hr show, id want at least 1hr 30 to make it worth while:kickass:

They've been adding more songs with each show, be patient!

a ihr set with just 12 songs is shite, maiden are a lot older than these guys and they do 17 to 18 songs every show and most of these are 6-7 mins plus songs, i certainly wont go to see this 1hr show, id want at least 1hr 30 to make it worth while:kickass:

Maiden's music isn't nearly as intensive as Anthrax's.