Short Strapping Young Lad cover with my new amp - 6505+

Yeah dude that bass sounds heavy as shit, guitars could be a little fuller I think, maybe a different impulse? Sounds great though! Good song choice

Hey Dylan, first off I gotta second everyone else here by agreeing that bass is both awesome but also too scooped and clicky - I really like where you were going with it, I just think you took it a bit too far IMO; what'd you use?

As for the guitars, pretty cool (much better than the first :D), though still very muffled and middy sounding, IMO, not much cut. What were your amp settings? And I suppose the impulse used has a big effect on it as well. Drums sound great dude!

Thanks so much guys!

The amp settings...I can't remember! I messed with them from cover to cover. I had the volume on about 3 o'clock (was muting the amp with a load in the FX return) which is why I think the tones sound a little weird with the impulses. Resonance and presence were pretty darn high, mids were hovering a little above or a little below halfway, bass was on about 2 o'clock I guess and treble might have been a tad higher for that. Gain was on about...2 o'clock as well? I change the gain drastically between my ESP (passives) and my 7 strings (actives).

The bass...:lol: It's actually a gearbox tone, with a guitar amp called '1987 Jazz Clean' with a stompbox turned on, and then I turn the cab off and use an Ampeg SVT impulse I found somewhere (on this forum or maybe on sevenstring.org...I'm not sure). I think you're right about it being too clicky, but I think it is by far the best bass tone I've ever got. I think if I miced the guitars and got a fatter sound instead of using these impulses (like I said something sounds weird about them) I'd get an amazing sound.

The impulses were done kind of weird. It's 4 guitar tracks...panned 100%L 80%L 80%R and 100%R, and I can't remember exactly, but I know I had the two inside tracks with some grindy impulses (either guitar hack's 'grind' or one of the recabinet 2.0 modern marshall ones with a D6 mic) and then had some Catharsis ones on the outside.

I've got another one to post very soon but it's a different thread because it's using a different guitar and a cover of a different band...and you can hear the difference the bass tone makes in this cover a lot more too.

I'm really digging that bass tone, maybe just a bit too clicky though. it'd probably sound real nice in a fuller mix playing something other than roots