Should I buy my mom an iPad for Chrismas

So you hate Apple/Ipad's but you are going to buy your mother a device that you will have to support and teach her how to use.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

lol if you need support for an apple iToy

these things "just work" (in the very limited confines they are designed to work in) and are probably the best option for people who are computer idiots

I picked up a used Blackberry Playbook from Cowboom.com the other day. $89 bucks for a gadget that was selling @ $600 upon release. BB10 will be dropping for it in probably 6 months time, so hopefully all the kinks that the tablet lacks are ironed out by then. Primarily the few apps that offer any desirability, such as Netshitz.

Speaking of which, wtf happened to that service? The streaming side of things is riddled with crap. It's a glorified Crackle at this point.

I'm in the market for a Nexus 7 as an X-mas gift though. The playbook offers very little outside of great net browsing, security, screen resolution, heh. Very niche device, suitable for people who don't mind bare bones.

NETFLIX streaming has a lot of gems if you are into the smaller / indie / foreign flicks. Their system of presenting them is shit though. I am tired always searching for stuff ...
What's with the studios not allowing anything and everything to be streamed? Charge me $25 a month instead of $8 but give me everything ... i still won't watch more than 2 movies but fuck hard copy dvd rentals. who does that anymore?

Netflix Streaming is the greatest thing ever.

They keep making the interface worse though.

But I can watch Hal Hartley stuff all day on there.

I still prefer DVDs, probably go through 10 rentals a month.

Honestly I think I'm more into films than music the last few years.

I'm a fucking faggot, and this is the wrong thread.