should i get an Isis cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite band, and if GOD doesnt like them, run as fast as you can to the record store and buy either Oceanic or Panopticon, because they must be good.

Perhaps I should give both 50 cent and Avril a listen; they cant be that bad if you dont like them.

Nice to see you are up to your usual bullying. I think you need a hug, or a teddy bear. :) Be nice Mr. big bad moderator. :D

YES!

They're my favorite band as well. Amazing stuff. Can't go wrong with Oceanic or Panopticon... the others might be a tad more difficult to get into... well Celestial starts off with a fucking bang so maybe not. I can't reccomend this band enough... do yourself a favor and buy a cd!!!

Absolutely. I prefer Panopticon over Oceanic, probably because I heard it first. Isis reminds me of a combination of Mastodon and Opeth. Panopticon makes great use of dynamics and pacing. It flows much better than other music that has a lot of dynamic changes, definitely better than Opeth in that regard. Vocals are okay, pretty low in the mix, and are sparse on Panopticon. Drums are average, no double bass. Great songwriting, very atmospheric. I love the way they build most of their songs to a climax. They are excellent at building up momentum. You can feel the heavy parts coming minutes ahead of time, but they tease you with it, sort of the way Emperor begins with The Oath, and it just crawls along until Ye Entrancemperium kicks in, and by then you're totally drawn in. I guess you already went shopping, so whatever, let us know what you thought if you got it.

Well, boring at times, but hardly worthless. I can see how some could find them atmospheric or epic-sounding. I'll give em a listen once in awhile, too.

Cythraul said:
You really know what you're talking about. Keep it up, genius.
Thanks, if only everyone had the same musicial views as me, then gay bands like Isis and The Mars Volta would cease to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.