Buying CDs

Theres a regional chain around here in New England that has some killer stuff about 85% of the time, so I do most of my CD buying from there, as well as a few small, mom-and-pop type places that will usually have some rare, much-sought-after releases. I've only bought CD's online once, and it was from The End. I placed my order on a late Friday night, and got my order the following Tuesday. If I ever get my credit card un-maxed and down to a decent limit, I'll start buying from there again.

Originally posted by Southern Man I Am
I live in a really small town in Virginia and I don't have access to a lot of the metal that I really want. There isn't even a cd store in my town the closest one is an hour away. I was wondering how do you people get CDs. Store, Internet what is it?

i got the same story but i live in eastern north carolina. I have had lots of luck with columbiahouse.com

In order of preference...

www.theendrecords.com
www.darksymphonies.com
www.metaldisc.com
www.ebay.com
www.blackmetal.com

As stated before, Century Media has a good selection and good prices but their shipping takes a bit longer.

Columbia House and BMG both take WAY WAY too long to get anything good in and by the time they do get it, I have always had the CD's for months. The only time I use them is when they have a buy one get three free deal going and them I work on some of my back catalogs. Otherwise, it's futile because I can't wait that long for new music... Their prices are also much higher and they absolutely sodomize you with shipping charges.

Originally posted by ImpamiizGraa
Theres a regional chain around here in New England that has some killer stuff about 85% of the time, so I do most of my CD buying from there

Would that be Newbury Comics by any chance? I go there whenver I travel to MA on business and spend lots of money. They have a pretty good selection for a chain.