should i get an Isis cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Oceanic is quite the album. Panopticon would be number but all the songs are a little too similar... but theyre fucking beautiful, amazing songs so it doesnt bother me.. Oceanic is just more diverse.

I really don't see how people could think theyre boring, but I guess they just "do it" for me...

but for the record theyre definitely not GAY... so stop saying that :)

they are too sophisticated for these barbarians' simple taste

if you don't like them you just don't get it

kind of like opeth

Scourge of Malice said:
that was quite funny... although anyone with taste would be able to appreciate what isis is doing... sorry you guys cant see it, or hear it rather

That's just idiotic. I understand exactly what Isis is trying to achieve, and I just absolutely hate the music they create. Sorry.

Int said:
they are too sophisticated for these barbarians' simple taste

if you don't like them you just don't get it

kind of like opeth

Now we're getting really retarded here. Of course, I was expecting this: The same reasoning that comes from Radiohead fans, Blopeth fellators, etc - "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!!!"

Obviously, that's absolute fallacy. I "GET" what shitty bands like Opeth, Isis, and Agalloch are trying to achieve musically, but you know what? I dislike their music. I don't find it to be transcendent of any musical conventions in the least, instead, I find it to be pretentious wank.

I dont think theres anything to "understand" with ISIS i just think that if you gave it some time you would see why people think theyre so amazing... i guess theyre not for everyone though. i dont think ISIS are pretentious at all... Opeth maybe a little, Agalloch yea. Its just hard for me to see people not like ISIS cause I think theyre one of the most amazing bands. oh well :)

Jean-Pierre said:
Now we're getting really retarded here. Of course, I was expecting this: The same reasoning that comes from Radiohead fans, Blopeth fellators, etc - "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!!!"

Obviously, that's absolute fallacy. I "GET" what shitty bands like Opeth, Isis, and Agalloch are trying to achieve musically, but you know what? I dislike their music. I don't find it to be transcendent of any musical conventions in the least, instead, I find it to be pretentious wank.

...He was kidding. ;)

the thing is im sure if i told you i didnt like blut aud nord many would bring up the argument that I just didnt get it.... it happens with every band.

anyways, GOD, my audioscrobbler shit isnt working... i have it for itunes mac anddd i installed it and it doesnt show shit on my page. whats the deal

I think it's hilarious how GoD and JP go out of their way to participate in threads that have no mention of their similar musical tastes or favorite bands only for the sole purpose of talking down to everyone who's a fan and bashing whatever musical style or band the thread may be pertaining to. It's at a point to where it's predictable.

Pay no attention to either of them, Scourge. They're both at a maturity level in their lives right now where they feel it's important to make people feel inferior according to their musical tastes and to trashtalk anything other than the bands they listen to.

Chasm said:
I think it's hilarious how GoD and JP go out of their way to participate in threads that have no mention of their similar musical tastes or favorite bands only for the sole purpose of talking down to everyone who's a fan and bashing whatever musical style or band the thread may be pertaining to. It's at a point to where it's predictable.

Pay no attention to either of them, Scourge. They're both at a maturity level in their lives right now where they feel it's important to make people feel inferior according to their musical tastes and to trashtalk anything other than the bands they listen to.

Wah wah wah. I'm just posting up my opinion, drop a complaint in my PM box.

haha i dont mind it, im definitely used to JP, I think we argued in another thread or two... I dont take anything too seriously on here. but i agree that its way too obvious now... you can always tell what thread will have these two (and some others maybe) in it going against everyone else.. oh well its entertainment. if i went into every thread of a band I didnt like on here I think a lot of people would hate me

Scourge of Malice said:
anyways, GOD, my audioscrobbler shit isnt working... i have it for itunes mac anddd i installed it and it doesnt show shit on my page. whats the deal

The deal is that you have a mac.

(Properties ----> username+password and/or just wait, it's a slow, slow site)

This thread wasn't "HAY GAIZ CONVINCE ME 2 BAI TIHS ISIS CD," it was asking for opinions. So just because people come in here not fellating said band doesn't mean they're just here to start shit. It means they're staying on topic.

Now, on topic: No, you should NOT buy an Isis CD. What you should buy is Helloween's "Keeper Of The Seven Keys, pt. I." Contrary to popular belief, it's better than pt. II.

Status
Not open for further replies.