Show us your studio 2010 [room / racks / backline] - no setup to small !!!

Hallway for reverb:D
Hallway.jpg

[/IMG]

Are you recording a reverb track with a SM57?
1) Why?
2) How does it sounds?

Are you recording a reverb track with a SM57?
1) Why?
2) How does it sounds?

I think the 57 sound very nice in the hallway thats why :)
I don't use it very often, but for slower material it's nice extra room mic.
It sounds like very big hallway reverb on drums. I tred to find a project I used it but they all seems to be in my old hd witch isn't connected atm. I should try some ribbons there also.

Edit...Found one projet, here is small sample from the hall mic, just raw track no eq or anything.
http://drophammer.fi/kuvat/HallMic.mp3

So are you just playing a speaker with the drum mix on down the hallway and recording it? What kind of speaker is best to use? Just a monitor or...

So are you just playing a speaker with the drum mix on down the hallway and recording it? What kind of speaker is best to use? Just a monitor or...

No. Thats the actual drum recording session, the live room door is about 10cm from the mic and it's not soundproofed. Actually I would like to test how it would sound if I would leave the door open for the drum recordings, becayse on some projects I would like to have more lively room for the drums.

No. Thats the actual drum recording session, the live room door is about 10cm from the mic and it's not soundproofed. Actually I would like to test how it would sound if I would leave the door open for the drum recordings, becayse on some projects I would like to have more lively room for the drums.

I've used the staircase reverb, leaving the live room door open and sticking an LDC in the stairway a couple of times, and the results sound really neat when slammed to hell and back.

He sent me the photos. Guys, he was telling the truth...:yow:

Control Room B

controlstudiob.jpg

Main Live Room

liveroom.jpg

Control Room A

controlroomstudioa.jpg

A ceiling

celling_1.jpg