Show us your studio 2011 [room / racks / backline]

Thanks for letting him know. Hopefully he kept the receipt and can still return it...
No problem. Yeah because of all the crap I went through with my Alienware (laptop) I will never get a Dell product ever again. I also used to work in retail and if he bought that computer usually there's a 30day return policy depending on where he bought it. So if he's way past that I hope he won't be having any troubles with it's performance. I have an iMac as my monitor (still not the best of choices because it's nortoriously known to overheat due to how it's built but lucky for me I also have an Asus monitor. I just need to save up and get a tower if I choose to use that over my iMac). Back to what I was talking about earlier with my original post, it only applied to Dell and Gateway laptops but I'm 99% sure their monitors are just like their laptops in the sense of it's horrible qualities/performances. If you are looking for a monitor what's important to look for feature wise is you should try to get the fastest CPU speed ie: iCore3, iCore5, iCore7 (fastest out of the iCore group and rumor has it that they will be coming out with an newer model that's faster then the iCore7 but it has been all talk from what I've seen for a while now, definitely over a year of talk). In addition the other thing you want to look for is the highest RAM (Memory) you can afford ie: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB and so on. The best advice I can give is go with what you can afford whether it's a laptop or a desktop (montiors with a tower) get what you can afford (make sure the monitor or tower has the capability to switch out/update it's parts such as the CPU and RAM) and save up money for later to update your CPU and RAM. If you want to get the parts to update your CPU and RAM I'd suggest going to a site like Newegg or search for sites similar to Newegg. Newegg has products that are quite affordable compared to online retailer stores but mind you that you may come across some products that are the same price as an online retailer store ie: BestBuy. Here's the link below for Newegg:
https://m.newegg.com

Hope this is helpful for anyone who's just getting into music production!

Last edited: