Shut the fuck up

I think people only complain about this because they cant say Opeth have sold out. And being involved with a artist who is on a major label (for his talent not mtvability) gives people an excuse to bitch.

Happy new year.

Moonlapse said:
I agree. He wasn't involved when he was telling Peter what to play during that 'solo' section in Hope Leaves. He wasn't involved when we saw him play the piano part to A Fair Judgement. He wasn't involved when we saw him essentially writing the second part to 'Weakness' with Mike in the studio. He wasn't involved when Mike was showing him the main parts of 'A Fair Judgement' so that Steven could put them in their own 'soundworld'. He wasn't involved with creating those creepy guitar sounds in Wreath. He wasn't involved when he did the vocal harmonies in 'Master's Apprentice'. He wasn't involved when he wrote the lyrics to 'Death Whispered a Lullaby'.

You're right; He wasn't involved.

yeah, he did what a producer does and thats about it.

Happy new year to you too Mike.

Anyway, errr.. what does it matter how much Steven helps anyway? As long as they still compose good music I'll keep an open ear and mind.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Hello!

SW is not part of the band, he's co-produced 3 Opeth albums. Literally he's been in the studio for a total of maybe 5 weeks for the last 3 albums. You are forgetting about the other 3+ months of recording and producing we've done when he's not around. Quite simple, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions when you've literally seen a few DVD minutes of a loooong process.

A producer who doesn't help, come up with ideas is NOT a producer. It's never been the case where we've relied on him to WRITE us a record. He has ideas on top of the basic arrangement, and that's that.

I would never be run over by ANYONE, SW or anyone else. I want the outcome to be as good as possible and will appreciate all the help I can get. It's quite irritating that some of you seem to think he's bossing us around when that's not the case at all. You're blaming HIM for not liking our stuff....please, blame us, me! I take the desicions with what's done with the stuff I've written.

Just setting the record straight.

Ease down the road + happy new year!
Mike

Hello Mike,

I wish you and yours a Happy Healthy Heavy Metal New Year!
Opeth is a very diverse and unique band that draws a diverse crowd
that is bound to wage into waring camps. Thanks for taking the time
to help straighten out the confusion. Keep busting the chops! :D

One thing we can all agree on is that we love Opeth's music! ;)

...and a Happy New Year to all the Opeth guys!
sign.gif

Not realy... I'm not entirely sure why it's there myself, but it's a Nietzsche reference to a part of himself he describes in "Ecce Homo", which I related to myself. Real art-faggish.

There ya go, my life story. Enjoy.

Hello!

SW is not part of the band, he's co-produced 3 Opeth albums. Literally he's been in the studio for a total of maybe 5 weeks for the last 3 albums. You are forgetting about the other 3+ months of recording and producing we've done when he's not around. Quite simple, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions when you've literally seen a few DVD minutes of a loooong process.

A producer who doesn't help, come up with ideas is NOT a producer. It's never been the case where we've relied on him to WRITE us a record. He has ideas on top of the basic arrangement, and that's that.

I would never be run over by ANYONE, SW or anyone else. I want the outcome to be as good as possible and will appreciate all the help I can get. It's quite irritating that some of you seem to think he's bossing us around when that's not the case at all. You're blaming HIM for not liking our stuff....please, blame us, me! I take the desicions with what's done with the stuff I've written.

Mike

Even if he helps the band, I know he doesn't write all stuff. Opeth is a band full of talents, a unique band. SW wasn't involved in first CDs, and they are as beautiful as recent CDs.

Long live Opeth, keep on writing your music during years and years... it's the best one we can admire !

Max

ps: I'm french and i confirm that "é" is pronounced "eh" ;) we use "è" "à" "ù" "ç" "ë" and "ê" too.

Oooh another Frenchie! Rock on man! Here in Canada you have to learn it but I had willingly done so.

Il y a d'autres français ici ? :wave:

Here, in France, we are very bad when we have to learn another language. It begins to change, but I'm from the "old-school", so I have many problems to express myself. :erk:

To talk from the topic, I didn't know Steve before I get "Deliverance". Since this time, I've given few interests to Porcupine Tree. He is talented too.

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Hello!

Mike
got it?

if you-d read some opeths interviews or seen Lamentations, you-d realize that SW just spices up Opeths music, he doesnt make ít at all.

but if you believe so, you just deserve that Mikael kicks your asses for look him down.

Something that really bothers me: (totally UN-related to this thread)

why in the fuck do people say "cuss" instead of curse?
why in the fuck do people say "arse" instead of ass?

are you retarded? thanks.

KennonKun said:
SW has a lot of influence on Opeth, metalheads just don't want to admit it because they need something to complain about, or they just can't stand knowing that Mike loses creative control to someone who's (let's face it) more talented than him.

For being "more talented", how do you explain the absolute suckiness of porcupine tree? Get yer head outta yer arse!
:erk: