Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

I've got a problem with Zombass 2 and that is that i can't use slides, harmonics and all the other key switches. I use Reaper and i use key switch mapping file that comes with it. I create a MIDI note on for example where i want the slide, and then a MIDI note when i want the alternate picking back again. The problem is if i for and example put another slide after the alternate picking it wont respond and its just all alternate picking and no slide. It seems to respond very bad, is there any fix to this? Someone else must have had this problem :p

They're just standard key switches, and operate the same way as any keyswitch.

So if you want alternate picking then a slide, back to alt picking:

1. Put a keyswitch for alternate picking.
2. Put the midi notes to be alternate picked
3. put in a keyswitch for the slide
4. place the midi note for the slide
5. Put another keyswitch for alternate picking
6. Place the notes to be alternate picked

But also, make sure the keyswitch notes come BEFORE the notes you want to be played in that keyswitch, not at the same time.

With ZomBass 3, watch this little tutorial I made for ZomBass 4.

It works the same way. Use midi velocities and the different .NKI's to control it (You can DL additional ZomBass 3 .NKI's from the site).

Last edited by a moderator:
DL zombass 2 mesa400+ two times, always report unsupported compression method and stopped at 33% while unpacking.

They're just standard key switches, and operate the same way as any keyswitch.

So if you want alternate picking then a slide, back to alt picking:

1. Put a keyswitch for alternate picking.
2. Put the midi notes to be alternate picked
3. put in a keyswitch for the slide
4. place the midi note for the slide
5. Put another keyswitch for alternate picking
6. Place the notes to be alternate picked

But also, make sure the keyswitch notes come BEFORE the notes you want to be played in that keyswitch, not at the same time.

With ZomBass 3, watch this little tutorial I made for ZomBass 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8RxeM8NHHY

It works the same way. Use midi velocities and the different .NKI's to control it (You can DL additional ZomBass 3 .NKI's from the site).

that's really cool, thanks for the vid man!

one Q about zombass in general. did you kind of "melodyne" the signle samples to be "in tune" as much as possible or do you recomment t export the programmed track into an audio track and retune it using, melodyne, AT etc.!?