Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

nooooooooo server too busy

Edit: nvm, thanks for the sweet bass sounds. Gonna be a big help for recording abroad when I don't have my bass (never could get pitch-shifted guitar to sound very good).

How does the routing work in the free Kontakt 5 player for Zombass 3? I'm using Reaper, not getting any sounds loading the .nki.

finally bought zombass 2 in a fit of rage at the price of bass strings. this is amazing! sounds as close to a real bass as you'll ever need

This looks pretty cool, but I already have a really nice 5 string bass, and I own Trillian. I love Warwick basses. Is it really only 30 bucks? What player is necessary for use with the samples?

finally bought zombass 2 in a fit of rage at the price of bass strings. this is amazing! sounds as close to a real bass as you'll ever need

Kind of reminds me why Alex came up with the idea in the first place.

"Fuck man bass strings are super expensive. I should just sample a bass instead of recording all of these shit bass players."

"Yeah you should."

"I'm gunna do it. I'ma call it, ZOMBASS."

"Sick."

Hot zombie chicks seem to have been replaced by a happy guy wielding a Warwick.

Not impressed, guys.. :lol:

Yeah I thought I'd have to give the bass back to Warwick before I could get a model in for a photo shoot. But now I'm in discussions with them to buy the bass - so it still could happen!

Until then, I hope my happy face is enough to entice you into buying ZomBass 4!

Clips?

Also, what pickup/tone knob configuration was used?

:popcorn:

One position on the knobs jumped out at me, although I'm not sure exactly what each knob was effecting.

I had the knob that can pull out (I think it splits the pickups or something?), not pulled out, the two switches both pushed down towards the floor, and I think the treble knob boosted full. Everything else neutral.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82814212/Work/Tgorm/Zombass/ZB4_test.mp3

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103888697/zombass4demo.mp3

This looks pretty cool, but I already have a really nice 5 string bass, and I own Trillian. I love Warwick basses. Is it really only 30 bucks? What player is necessary for use with the samples?

You need full version of Kontakt 4 or 5.

Yeah I'm thinking of actually raising the price to $40.

It's not as realistic as Trillian (although ZB2 if you spent time to program the nuances and articulations is one of the most comprehensive bass instruments around). My aim was to create something for the metal community that essentially has more aggression. It'll fit well in any project that has a "produced" sound. In a lot of modern metal recordings the engineers are essentially recording the bass note by note and editing it all into place. I figured I could create a more efficient way to get similar results. I actually made it to replace bad metal bassists that came through my studio, which was happening way too often. It's faster to program it in than to edit and process an uneven performance.

I've got a problem with Zombass 2 and that is that i can't use slides, harmonics and all the other key switches. I use Reaper and i use key switch mapping file that comes with it. I create a MIDI note on for example where i want the slide, and then a MIDI note when i want the alternate picking back again. The problem is if i for and example put another slide after the alternate picking it wont respond and its just all alternate picking and no slide. It seems to respond very bad, is there any fix to this? Someone else must have had this problem :p

Hey, I have pretty much the same issues...

Just purchases ZomBass 3 and so far I like it and I'm very sure I'm just stupid:

Can someone explain me how to use the "slide 3 frets down" for example(Cubase)?
Maybe I'm too tired but I've watched videos and googled stuff but where the hell do I put my note which is saying to the bass that he should make the fucking slide?!