Signals ZomBass 1.0 (Fender J-Bass Kontakt Instrument)

Zombass III sounds cool...but i dont see myself using that kind of sound right now..maybe in the future...
i would like for the next bass to be something with EMG´s...i would LOVE a Spector bass :3

Zombass III sounds cool...but i dont see myself using that kind of sound right now..maybe in the future...
i would like for the next bass to be something with EMG´s...i would LOVE a Spector bass :3

Megadeth's Jackson Bass Maybe?
I'll buy this next month when the moneyz arrivess at my pockets

Is there a way to make faster 16th and 32nd notes sound more even and less jumpy? Sounds really off when doing fast runs

Also what is everyone using to tune the notes? Every note seems to go a bit sharp(which I'm guessing is for realism)

Purchased ZomBass 3, it's a little brighter than expected but I think with a little EQ-love it'll fit my needs perfectly :)

Also what is everyone using to tune the notes? Every note seems to go a bit sharp(which I'm guessing is for realism)

The notes starts off in tune, but then goes flat.. some of them down to -40 cents while monitoring with ReaTune.. I'm having big issues with these bass samples on sustained notes especiaclly because of the intonation "issues".. restringed and intonated my guitar yesterday so it shouldn't be the problem.. I hope this can be fixed in a future update because it sounds good by itself (ZomBass 3)

The notes starts off in tune, but then goes flat.. some of them down to -40 cents while monitoring with ReaTune.. I'm having big issues with these bass samples on sustained notes especiaclly because of the intonation "issues".. restringed and intonated my guitar yesterday so it shouldn't be the problem.. I hope this can be fixed in a future update because it sounds good by itself (ZomBass 3)

that's just how basses are, especially at lower tunings. I tuned them so the transient is in pitch, so simply pitch the instrument up a few cents in kontakt if it sounds flat with your guitar.

Is there a way to make faster 16th and 32nd notes sound more even and less jumpy? Sounds really off when doing fast runs

same thing again but opposite. use kontakt pitch knob to make it a few cents flat.

shouldn't be "jumpy". compress it I guess haha.

What I mean by jumpy is the notes kind of lag behind or sound sporadic, nothing really do with the dynamics.

My cpu/memory load is fine so I'm not sure what could be the issue. In some runs it seemed to help a bit if I only do down-picking or up-picking.

I almost always end up pitch correcting the bass so the pitch thing I don't think is a problem. I usually just toss Antares Autotune on it and voila! (Only good reason to have autotune anymore I guess haha)

What I mean by jumpy is the notes kind of lag behind or sound sporadic, nothing really do with the dynamics.

My cpu/memory load is fine so I'm not sure what could be the issue. In some runs it seemed to help a bit if I only do down-picking or up-picking.

If you're referring to ZB2 download the v1.03 updates at www.signalsaudio.com

I almost always end up pitch correcting the bass so the pitch thing I don't think is a problem. I usually just toss Antares Autotune on it and voila! (Only good reason to have autotune anymore I guess haha)

If your going to do that I suggest keeping the retune speed to 200-400 so it doesn't mess with the note transients and make them sound weird. It should be fairly transparent at those speeds.

If your going to do that I suggest keeping the retune speed to 200-400 so it doesn't mess with the note transients and make them sound weird. It should be fairly transparent at those speeds.

Set the "input type" to "bass instrument" and you can't even tell it's being pitch corrected.

I haven't tried setting the retune speed down that low, I'll try that out. I just looked in my most recent project and I actually had it set all the way up to 20.

Set the "input type" to "bass instrument" and you can't even tell it's being pitch corrected.

I haven't tried setting the retune speed down that low, I'll try that out. I just looked in my most recent project and I actually had it set all the way up to 20.

Yeah 20 will work on most things e-standard and above but the lower notes that are more percussive it helps to have it not trying to detect the pitch for a hundred milliseconds since lower notes take longer to develop. Also I'm not sure if you can side chain into auto tune or not, but HP the bass at around 500 and then use autotune on it would probably be even more accurate.

Purchased ZomBass 3, it's a little brighter than expected but I think with a little EQ-love it'll fit my needs perfectly :)

Trust me, brighter than you want it is better than darker! ;)

I figure this way it will fit both people that mix both bright and dark, lots of treble information to work with.

Trust me, brighter than you want it is better than darker! ;)

I figure this way it will fit both people that mix both bright and dark, lots of treble information to work with.

I didn't mean that in an offensive way, I think it sounds good ! :)