"Silhouette"

Good and Evil

New Metal Member
Sep 8, 2005
I've always been impressed with "Silhouette" from 'Orchid'. I mean here is the debut album from a Swedish metal band. They start off with two crushing epic tracks, and then the third song is solo piano! I always thought that was a cool move. Is that not the epitomy of Opeth?

Well yeah... Silhouette is more like classical music... Too bad Anders didn't play something like that on Morningrise and that there weren't more piano parts, cause he seemed talented... But I don't miss him though because frankly, MARTIN LOPEZ OWNS ANDERS NORDIN.. as a drummer at least...

You're right..it is very classical sounding. It almost sounds like something that you would here being played in some centuries-old castle. That's what I always think of when I hear that song. Anders does seem very talented - that song is tough to play I bet. It's very dynamic, and it fits right in with the mood of the album.

Good and Evil said:
You're right..it is very classical sounding. It almost sounds like something that you would here being played in some centuries-old castle. That's what I always think of when I hear that song. Anders does seem very talented - that song is tough to play I bet. It's very dynamic, and it fits right in with the mood of the album.

It is beautiful but centuries-old? Not nearly. Somewhere betwen a hundred and a hundred an fifty years old in style. As for pianos in castles? Not a very good idea as a) Castles are cold and damb and will ruin a piano and b) most castles were abandoned and became derelict before pianos were even invented.

But yeah, it's still great.

theonecynic said:
It is beautiful but centuries-old? Not nearly. Somewhere betwen a hundred and a hundred an fifty years old in style. As for pianos in castles? Not a very good idea as a) Castles are cold and damb and will ruin a piano and b) most castles were abandoned and became derelict before pianos were even invented.

Haha, pwnt by history!

theonecynic said:

Alright professor. Why don't you submit your thesis on fucking castles. Christ almighty. :ANGRY FACE:

NAH I'm just kidding I love you brah.