What If...

Oct 17, 2005
Coeur d' Alene, ID
What if Opeth went back with their current lineup and re-recorded one of their earlier albums, maybe like Orchid?
I think that Orchid is a great Opeth album, it's full of texture and atmosphere. So when I was listening to it earlier today, that idea popped in my head.
Now I know that Dimmu Borgir just went and re-recorded Stormblast (no i'm not a huge fan).

I'd like to see some suggestions or comments on whether or not you think it would turn out okay, worse, better, etc.

Maybe with Per around now we could get some synth strings, a beefed up version of Silhouette. Or with Axe behind the kit, maybe some more adventurous drumming?

Discuss...

Damn...
Only one positive response and it had to be sarcastic!
That got shot down quick
I know that Opeth would never ever do this, I thought that some of you might post hypothetical situations. Like, "wouldn't it be cool if they added this or that to certain song, passage, etc."

Oh well...

OpethFanEternal said:
Damn...
Only one positive response and it had to be sarcastic!
That got shot down quick
I know that Opeth would never ever do this, I thought that some of you might post hypothetical situations. Like, "wouldn't it be cool if they added this or that to certain song, passage, etc."

Oh well...

Welcome to the Official Opeth Forum, my friend.

i think it might be interesting to revisit some of the themes on orchid

Slayer101 said:
Yeah it really wouldnt be the same without Johan and Anders.
Musically, I think the earlier albums were better.

lol wtf, no way. you could have made an arguement for atmosphere, but judging it on the music alone? cmon every album after mr clearly slays the first 2.