Silverchair cover - Spawn Again

Mongeese

New Metal Member
Mar 2, 2010
two guitars hard left hard right. Ibanez s320 -> Peavey 5150II -> Mesa recto 4x12 slant -> shure sm57 -> Tascam FW-1082 -> DAW
bass middle. Yamaha bass -> DI into DAW
drums are toontrack EZdrummer
vocals Apex 415

the mixing of the vocals is probably the weakest point, as i've not yet found a comfortable technique, so any and all feedback is appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/burningman-1/spawn-again

By the way, I am the biggest silverchair fan (sorry all the haters)

vocal take is really good (sounds very similar), but processing needs some work. Need to really compress the living crap out of those vocals to control the fluctuations in volume. Add some saturation to the vocals, and use a tap delay and also add a little chorus to widen the vocals. Also play around with the the guitars more. So for the parts of the song that you really want to bring out (like from 20 seconds until the verse) think about recording another guitar and placing it in the centre (make sure it isn't too loud, but just giving some presence). Try giving a little more low end to the bass, and cut asome of those highs out.

For the drums, try some parallel compression to really beef up the snare and kick and toms. Try adding a little reverb to the drums to make them a little less dry

Like the guitars!!!

I really like the raw sound of this track, considering the orginal was also raw sounding, good stuff!!!!

I'm not real big on silverchair, but that was pretty damn good. I'd work on the bass tone a little, i'm not really digging it.

I like this song. Guitars are pretty good. Agree with the bass comments. It's a bit slow... seems it to me.

i havent heard the album for a while so just wondering is it just me or is this slightly slower? I like the sound you've got but some parts sound like the vocalist is out of breath a bit.

apart from that its pretty good :)