sinergy

bodombeauty

sneer at my demise
Jul 11, 2004
Auckland, NZ
(im not quite sure where i should be posting this,so i thought general would be a safe option...if not,where?)

sinergy...ive just started listening to this band and it took awhile for them to grow on me as i couldnt stand the singers voice- but now i am converted and really like it. Alexi (from COB) their guitarist is awsom, they do sound a little like COB as i guess his sound and style comes through in this band. Anyone else like these guys and know any more information on them? id be really keen to find out about some of their albums and who else makes up the band. thanks guys :headbang:

Suicide By my Side is a great album with the song Spit on Your Grave. You should really check out for this album. Also, I don't know if you noticed, but the singer is a girl. They were on tour with Metallium some time ago and Metallium is also a great band I think. I bought their DVD, so that's where I learned about them being on tour with Sinergy.

cheers guys...yeah i did know that the lead singer is a girl..i didnt at first like the operetic tone of her voice, but ive grown into liking it. Never heard of Metallium, what nationalilty are they?

haha okay...a little feeling of resentment came out of that one. i do admit i was first attracked to the band because of the presence of alexi but i don't mind the singing now and quite like the music. and when did you call kim a fat whore? unless it was to her face,im sure it can be overcome....

I used to write for a couple of very prominant mags.In my review of Suicde by my Side i stated that no one was interested in this band other than those looking at the line-up.I stated the music was very good but that the vocals were deplorable.I also(In a tongue and cheeck fasion)Stated kim was fat and that she must be mighty good in bed since Alexi was quite the looker and could have his choice of woman.
Lets just say this did not go over well in Sinergy land,She posted my email addy on the Sinergy website and told them to "Go get Him".
N eedless to say I received about 500 emails in an hour and I opened the wrong one and my system crashed.I did receive quite a few emails from the Lovely Goss as well.
See thing is and it wont take you a whole lot of time to look into,It was not Kim's talent that landed her jobs with Dimmu Borgir and Ancient.But dont say I told ya so!
P.S.Is there anything more annoying than someone who claims to be Scandanavian who is from Chicago?
Look I respect the fact you dig it,Differant strokes right?

haha, sounds like you got yourself into a bit of a sticky spot with that one-interesting never the less and im sure pretty entertaining too. i should maybe do some pissing off, i don't recieve many intrest packed emails these days. i don't personally think kims all that great, as i said i used to hate her voice, but ive grown to live with it and it doesnt send convulsions anymore :) (as it did in the beginning-but im over it now)
Yeah as you say 'all to their own'...im into them, it may be the line-up or maybe kims voice really has made a change in me, doubt it though....
ps. why would someone claim to be scandanavian who is from chicago??....explain
pps. what bands have you reviewed that you actually compliment-or something to that stature??
...metal, music-i love it all (well not quite) :headbang:

Well Kim is from Chicago,But she wont tell you that.
As far as bands commenting on what I have written,Un fortunaly just like everything in life most of the time the only thing I ever received was negative comments and i dont think the Ultimate Metal server has enough space for me to list the negative somments I received.
But at the same time I received alot of emails from people who read my writing that was very cool.
And there were also instances where I would actually meet Band memebers and people that when I introduced myself,They would like high five me or tell me Oh man that one review you wrote was crazy or blah blah blah.
But I pretty much quit writing and just started the radio station.

Perfect exaple of why I do not write any longer,I have no responsability to explain my opinions to anyone.
And beleive it or not bro there are quite a few people who disagree with you but thanks for your thoughts.
I never.ever claimed to be a writer and it all stated as a joke in the first place,To many people do not know the entire story.But it turned out to be an amazing ride writing for PIT magazine and landing me at Waken Open Air.Maybe you did not like my reveiws but I stated it then and stood by it,I say what I mean and mean what I say.I refused to stoop to the standards of the Indusrty.
Same goes with Rapture Radio it is honest and bends to noone's rules Rapture supports the underground and is run by the listner.

bodombeauty said:
cheers guys...yeah i did know that the lead singer is a girl..i didnt at first like the operetic tone of her voice, but ive grown into liking it. Never heard of Metallium, what nationalilty are they?

I just wanted to be sure about the girl hehe. But for Metallium, I really don't know where they come from. It is certainly from somewhere in Europe....but where...I don't know, maybe someone else could help. But I like them. Some people say that their last album is quite good. In fact, that's because the one before was kinda shit....but, the albums before that one are damn good. Check out for Steel Avenger or Fight...I don't know if you will like the voice of the guy, it's kinda of Power Metal, but good Power Metal...not gay power metal like freedom call as an example. Anyway, I'm kinda off-topic.

wesjaques said:
Lets just say this did not go over well in Sinergy land,She posted my email addy on the Sinergy website and told them to "Go get Him".
N eedless to say I received about 500 emails in an hour and I opened the wrong one and my system crashed.I did receive quite a few emails from the Lovely Goss as well.
pwnd4.jpeg

Sinergy as at most, decent. I used to be really into COB as well, and got into Sinergy but I soon grew out of both of the bands. Alexi is a pretty good guitarist though. Now I barely listen to my Bodom and Sinergy records, only once in a while for something fun.

Wow, Wes, real professional there. I thought you were a music reviewer, not a body fat percentage reviewer.

Sinergy is a pretty underrated power metal band...think Hatrebreeder/Reaper-era Bodom slowed down to the point of coherency and also without the damned keyboards. The vocals are kinda hit-or-miss...in general the fast songs are a hit, the ballads are a miss. To Hell And Back is a damn good album.