single rectifer vs. dual rectifier and other amps

I would LOVE to hear recorded results of that :headbang: Also, for reference, the best settings I settled on for mine were modern red (be sure the channel cloning switch on the back is in the center position), Treb - 12:00-12:30, Mid 9:30-10:00, Bass 10:30-11:00, Pres - 11:30-12:00 (with a TS in front of course :cool: ) Oh yeah, and bold/diodes of course

I would LOVE to hear recorded results of that :headbang: Also, for reference, the best settings I settled on for mine were modern red (be sure the channel cloning switch on the back is in the center position), Treb - 12:00-12:30, Mid 9:30-10:00, Bass 10:30-11:00, Pres - 11:30-12:00 (with a TS in front of course :cool: ) Oh yeah, and bold/diodes of course

Make me a DI of something you wanna hear and we'll do some reamping.

We should do that. I'll let you know once I get it and I'm comfortable messing around with it, I'm sure it responds a bit different than the single. The single was a pain in the ass to dial in.

[UEAK]Clowd;9007395 said:
We should do that. I'll let you know once I get it and I'm comfortable messing around with it, I'm sure it responds a bit different than the single. The single was a pain in the ass to dial in.

Yeah, I've played a few single recs and they always sounded kinda weak. Let me know when you get the amp and we'll plan a night to hit up the studio.

Are you talking to me man? :lol: I've got a 3 channel, remember?

My settings at least band practice were something like Treble 12:30 or 1:00, Mids at 12:00 or even 12:30, Bass at 9:30 or 10:00, presence at around 9:30 and then gain around 1:30 or 2:00.

Looks like a lot of mids, but it really punches without sounding boxy when the mids are around there - at least, in that particular rehearsal room.

Channel 3, modern, diodes, bold, etc.

That's kinda got my attention because Ive been thinking about getting a single rectifier ...now it seems none of you like them .
I assumed they were schematically almost the same with half the output stage .
Would you say that the most difference is apparent at higher volumes or do they sound totally different at any level ?
Edit:
Also dont most people who record the more heavily distorted tones prefer using diode rectification over tube ? as the single has diode rectification I presumed it was the one to go for.
Any thoughts on this?

...now it seems none of you like them .
I assumed they were schematically almost the same with half the output stage .

With half the output stage; without tube rectification...
Isn't same shematic btw so no isn't the same:lol:
Only single rectoverb sound good in single family

With half the output stage; without tube rectification...
Isn't same shematic btw so no isn't the same:lol:
Only single rectoverb sound good in single family

I did say "almost" the same schematic and Ive already mentioned the diode rectifier ?!
On other threads people have recommended running the dual on the diodes ?! for tighter rhythm how do most of you guys run it?

I did say "almost" the same schematic and Ive already mentioned the diode rectifier ?!
On other threads people have recommended running the dual on the diodes ?! for tighter rhythm how do most of you guys run it?

For modern metal=diode
For an most oldschool vibe= tube

Yeah, I always ran my Dual on diode rectification, rendering the tubes unnecessary - don't ask me why, but I've never liked the Single Rec any time I've played it, and never really dug any clips of it either! (some Rectoverb clips I've heard were decent, but didn't even really sound like a Rectifier to me)

Maybe they designed the Single shittier on purpose to make people shell out more for at least a Dual. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised. It's Mesa. They're evil. They rape everything but America. ;)

My hypothesis is it might have something to do with how the power amp shapes the tone of the amps as I mentioned in post 9 (similar to how I've been noticing the increased punch in the triple rectifiers), and it really is that headroom = balls...

been messing around with the amp (through my new mesa 4x12) for like half an hour or so and I'm pretty satisfied so far.. still have some tweaking to do, but all in all it's about 30 times nicer than the single. it actually sounds like an amp.

My hypothesis is it might have something to do with how the power amp shapes the tone of the amps as I mentioned in post 9 (similar to how I've been noticing the increased punch in the triple rectifiers), and it really is that headroom = balls...

Quiet likely. Maybe it's also a combination of a slightly different preamp design with the scaled-down power amp.

It's kinda ironic, there's so much info (and speculation) floating around on how the Dual revisions differ from each other, yet there are hardly any hard facts about the Single (apart from the differences between Series 1 and 2).

Yeah, I always ran my Dual on diode rectification, rendering the tubes unnecessary - don't ask me why, but I've never liked the Single Rec any time I've played it, and never really dug any clips of it either! (some Rectoverb clips I've heard were decent, but didn't even really sound like a Rectifier to me)

I do a short comparaison between my dual and a friend rectoverb. Rectoverb is pretty good for that kind of Lynch rythm tone (except the lake of headroom:erk::lol:).
But I really thing that rectoverb red/modern mod sound like a compromise between red/vacum tube and org/silicon diode:lol: