Skepticism

They are on my 'to-check-out' list. I love Thergothon, and just got one by Shape of Despair which is rather cool.

At the risk of hijaking your thread ;), anyone know any other good Funeral Doom bands? The above 3 are the only ones I've heard of.

Skepticism rules.

I don't like much funeral doom, though, so the only bands I know (if you consider them funeral doom) is Skepticism, Funeral, Thergothon, Hierophant, etc.

I'll throw in a band called Unholy. Good funeral doom, though I do prefer Thergothon over them but good anyways. Also Burning Witch, Thorr's Hammer and Khanate could be mentioned but they're not exactly funeral doom.

I'll throw in a band called Unholy.
Unholy are no more :cry:
Gracefallen is one of the best albums of all times and dimensions in this whole universe. You MUST buy it, if you see it somewhere, otherwise you can't be helped anymore...there are no excuses.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
They are on my 'to-check-out' list. I love Thergothon, and just got one by Shape of Despair which is rather cool.

At the risk of hijaking your thread ;), anyone know any other good Funeral Doom bands? The above 3 are the only ones I've heard of.

ESOTERIC (all of them), check out UNHOLY 'Rapture' (rawks!), any SKEPTICISM, and get the other SoD, EVOKEN (not one of my favorites but you may like them), LONG WINTER'S STARE.....

go to www.doom-metal.com ...It will answer any doom metal question you have ever had...

:eek: Wow, I can't believe how many people like skepticism. I was completely and thoroughly unimpressed by them. WAAAAAAAY to slow doom for my tastes. ugh.

But I'm not really a "doom" lover but that was painful to sit through! :mad:

yup. doom is definately not for everyone. you should try esoteric they are a little faster and have more going on, though they are crazier. also check out morgion. a lot of people that i know aren't doomsters still get into their stuff. not quite as extreme as skepticism.

and if you didn't listen to the march and the stream or everdarkgreen then you shoudln't have an opinion, in my opinion. hehe.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
and if you didn't listen to the march and the stream or everdarkgreen then you shoudln't have an opinion, in my opinion. hehe.

Hummm... well.. can't say I've heard of what you're saying. HOWEVER.. if there is something/anything that I have at least heard OF (ie-skepticism) then I have an opinion of some sort. (Perhaps a fuckass opinion... ..I'll admit to that.. maybe...but its MINE! ) :D
Anyway for um.. "doom metal" I'd say the only tings I've really dug is a couple of MDB and Celestial Season and 3rd & the Mortal (if tha'ts' doom") and maybe a couple more that I'm forgetting, maybe I'm not "tur doom" or whatever. As long as it's not that slll-lll-lll-lllllll-llllll-lllll-lllllll-lllllo-ooo-ooooo-oooo-ooooo-ooo-oooooo-oww--www ass-shit I can't take that for hells sake. That' just gonna annoy me like hell.

Give me a lil beautiful melody (or brutal deathgrunt) anyday. :p

:lol: yeah, Funeral Doom is one of the more obscure metal sub-sub-genres out there. I've been a doomer for years, but when I heard Thergothon for the first time late last year, I was like "what the hell?". :D I love it now, though :D