Slate Digital FG-X Mastering Processor

According to who? Andy, James, Joey, Lasse, etc. all master their own stuff with excellent results. I believe 3 of them use the TC Electronic Finalizer and the other uses Ozone, neither of which are exactly high end mastering gear...

I'm gonna be more exact in my wording

I'm not Andy, James, Joey, or Lasse. Yes they all master their own stuff, yes it sounds excellent, NO I can't say that I'm on a comparable level with any of them, nor do I have the amount of higher end gear any of them have. That being the case, for ME, it makes much more sense to try and mix something as good as I can and have someone else professional master it. I wouldn't care if I hired any one of them to master a cd I mixed and they used this plugin in combination with a couple other things ... I'd gladly pay their fee because I'm not just renting a plugin, I'm paying a professional to do a professional job. As I don't have even CLOSE to the gear I would like to have just to improve my MIXES, I just can't justify something that seems to be 99% about mastering. I was just curious if anyone else might have another practical application for it that would make me think more in favor of it

damn, I take you off my ignore list for 2 seconds and you annoy the hell out of me immediately

Should a new thread be started to handle the group buy? It would allow this thread to stay relatively uncluttered for people asking questions about the plugin.

Hey folks, I'll check back in tomorrow to see how how the list is looking. Thanks Brett for taking command on this.

So for the sake of clarity I'll be referencing and counting here users who are DEFINITELY in (take it as an engagement, so if your presence in that list is an error please say so asap) based on Steven's offer available until Wednesday September 1st (unless Steven extends it):

Price starts at $249
20 people: $229
30 people: $199
45 people: $169
60 people: $149

1. Brett - K A L I S I A
2. TomCase
3. JoshuaLogan
4. ParsonsMatt
5. ahjteam
6. Wisheraser
7. chree
8. Emdprodukt
9. Matt-Steele
10. jamvanman
11. Morgan C
12. Sptz
13. superfreak
14. Ashgarth
15. enditol
16. Agonal
17. SentencedToBurn
18. MicSlut666
19. AMaziad
20. Rob Logic
21. Coerti0n
22. shine
23. abt
24. Mikko Vainiala
25. Sinister Mephisto
26. Ohmission
27. Seth Munson
28. Kazrog
29. Cognition

I hate to be a party pooper but I don't think I will be participating in the group buy. I didn't know the offer ends on September 1st and I won't have enough money till then.

Sorry! Please don't ban me! :p