Slayer

My favorite:

Modulistic terror
vast sadistic feast
the only way to exit
is going piece by piece

Thoth-Amon said:
Well considering that classic Slayer is amongst the best that metal has to offer than... yeah I'd question whether you really like metal or not.

Thank god this isn't true or metal would be a pretty worthless genre.

I do understand what they did for metal, and I respect that ... but Slayer bores the fuck out of me.

As I said, I respect the classics but rarely listen to them.

Anyways: Show No Mercy is a good album.

Black Sabbath did more for metal than a thousand Slayers ever could and they don't fucking suck. So the whole "blah blah they were so influential so you must like them or else you do not like metal" argument is beyond retarded. I don't care how influential they are. They sound like a rubbish amateur band. Reign in Blood is a joke. But their capital sin is that as Ex-cally-boo pointed out, they are boring.

And while they may be cited as an influence by a lot of bands that I do like, saying that those bands would not exist if it wasn't for Slayer is giving Slayer *way* too much credit. They were an influential band, just like a few thousand other bands have been influential bands at some point in time. Compared to the influence of a band like Black Sabbath they pale in comparison.

CAIRATH said:
Black Sabbath did more for metal than a thousand Slayers ever could and they don't fucking suck.

That's a matter of opinion. Sabbath had more than their fair share of craptacular material, including Technical Ecstasy, Dehumanizer, Seventh Star, Eternal Idol, Never Say Die, Reunion and Live Evil.

While I'm not going to deny their influence upon countless bands who have borrowed and outright plagarized their catalog for their material, I'd much rather listen to Slayer any day and twice on Sunday than listen to Black Sabbath.

I really hate when people say if you don't like this you don't like metal. That's just silly when there are so many different types of metal. I don't like many classic bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, and I still love metal.

However, I love Slayer. They got me into metal and are still one of the best bands. When I heard Dead Skin Mask, I knew metal was for me, and I never looked back. Reign in Blood is my favorite album ever.

Older black sabbath is a lot better than slayer. Sabbath still have a lot more crappy albums, albums not as good as the first five. Slayer have 3 crappy cds and a new one that will most likely suck. The only way slayer would release as much crap is if the band stays around for another ten years which they will and ruin their legacy.

Iron Maidens last two cds and the new priest are actually good. I can't see these bands pulling a slayer,sabbath or metallica which is nice.

yes the maiden boys are still good after many years but did youhear that steve said :: that he is unhappy with bruce because he only gave 100 per cent when they do the big shows like rock in rio and the monsters of rock at donington .WHICH IS NOT FAIR TO THE GUYS WHO TURN UP TO SEE THEM ON THE ARENA TOURS IS IT

CAIRATH said:
Black Sabbath did more for metal than a thousand Slayers ever could and they don't fucking suck. So the whole "blah blah they were so influential so you must like them or else you do not like metal" argument is beyond retarded. I don't care how influential they are. They sound like a rubbish amateur band. Reign in Blood is a joke. But their capital sin is that as Ex-cally-boo pointed out, they are boring.

And while they may be cited as an influence by a lot of bands that I do like, saying that those bands would not exist if it wasn't for Slayer is giving Slayer *way* too much credit. They were an influential band, just like a few thousand other bands have been influential bands at some point in time. Compared to the influence of a band like Black Sabbath they pale in comparison.

My argument wasn't merely that they were influential but that they were GOOD. That's why albums like Reign in Blood continue to be revered. Saying Reign in Blood is a joke makes you about the biggest n00b I've ever come across.

Thoth-Amon said:
My argument wasn't merely that they were influential but that they were GOOD.

And my argument is that they suck. It's called a fucking opinion.

Thoth-Amon said:
Saying Reign in Blood is a joke makes you about the biggest n00b I've ever come across.

I can assure you my self-esteem has taken a tremendous blow and I will spend the rest of the evening sulking.

CAIRATH said:
And my argument is that they suck. It's called a fucking opinion.

I can assure you my self-esteem has taken a tremendous blow and I will spend the rest of the evening sulking.

Good then you are finally being reasonable.